New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer radio
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Enclosed Haulmark. I have a single din head unit I upgraded out of my tractor so I could have bluetooth in that. Also have a pair of 6-1/2" speakers that I didn't use in another project.

Question is: How have you gone about neatly installing in your enclosed? I could get a ceiling mount for the head unit. And probably could mount the speakers in the ceiling, if there is depth for it. But how do you neatly run wires to the speakers and the head unit? Well for that matter from the battery to the head unit, and maybe adding an antenna.

Anyone with experience?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
A friend used this in his trailer
Looks pretty clean .....
I bought a under dash mount for my golf cart and mounted it to the roof. That would fit nicely under the cabinets.

https://www.amazon.com/Electri...dExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
A lot depends on how the trailer was built. I put a radio in one of my cabinets, two speakers in the wall inside and two speakers outside on the side wall. They are marine speakers and I sealed them with silicone. I ran all the wiring down and under the trailer for the speakers and power then up into the back of the cabinet. I tried mounting a short antenna off my front storage box but in a sea of trailers at the track the reception isn't too good. I have rounded corners on the front of my trailer and I think that they are hollow so might be able to run antenna wire to the top that way.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I have blue tooth speakers linked to my pandora in the garage portion and just a run of the mill am-fm-BT in the living quarters.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mostly we just want to hear the track announcements. We were in a bad area in the pit speaker wise yesterday, and could barely hear anything.

I like the suggestions.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
There is no good reason that ALL tracks have not gone to text messages for call to the lanes and updates.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
I used a pretty neat set-up called Tractor Tunes. High quality unit with a Kenwood stereo/CD player, carbon fiber dipped finish. Had one on the golf cart, and also put one underneath the cabinets right above the main workbench in the trailer. Looked about as good as could be.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
There is no good reason that ALL tracks have not gone to text messages for call to the lanes and updates.

I gotta say I don't think it's that expensive and the systems I have experienced aren't labor intensive. I agree with you.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I picked up a ion tailgater express from amazon to use at the track. I like the convenience of having the radio close by whether I am sitting outside the motorhome or working off the side of the trailer or out the back. I can plug the satellite radio into it, and use it in the garage when I am home. Has good sound bar audio quality also.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I used the small flexible antenna and mounted it to the aluminum trim around the roof towards the frond of the trailer & a below-dash type mounting box to install the radio under my overhead cabinets. I bought a $40 Jensen head unit with bluetooth so I can stream music from my phone, listen to a local radio station if there happens to be a decent one or tune to track PA if I want.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L..._encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:

I gotta say I don't think it's that expensive and the systems I have experienced aren't labor intensive. I agree with you.

Man hope that never happens. I would have to carry a damn phone and I found out when you do that people call you when you don't want to talk to them. Which for me is most people most of the time.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I guess I cheated/I ran speaker wires when wiring the trailer. Four interior speaker mounted in roof corners which are 45* pieces. Wired for two exterior speakers which I am still working om how I want to mount them ,since siding is screwless I hat idea of screwing speakers to the side or mounts for them.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post