DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Banned From Classracer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Banned From Classracer
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
I guess I "broke" the rules.I listed my Dad's motorhome for sale.He told me to drop the price,so I dropped the price with a note that it could be seen at St.Louis last week.
The ad was removed and I was banned for "bumping my thread to the top".
Now I admit that I did not know this and do take blame for not following his "rules".
But it makes me wonder how a message board can be viable when they treat their users this way.
There are all kinds of banner ads that must be contributing to the bottom line. So banning a user and removing an ad seems a little over the top to me.
Anyone else ever been banned on a message board?
I'd like to see the whole thing over there go belly up.
 
Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Ken has a pretty quick trigger.

I've never been banned but if I were to have it happen because I broke a rule I still don't think I would want the whole board to fail. LOL



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 3027 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Did you read the rules, they seem pretty clear to me. Unless you have abused the privilege before, it sounds as if you are only banned for one week.

Rules:
https://classracer.com/classfo...nnouncement.php?f=13

2BKING
Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2648 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Did you read the rules, they seem pretty clear to me. Unless you have abused the privilege before, it sounds as if you are only banned for one week.

Rules:
https://classracer.com/classfo...nnouncement.php?f=13

2BKING
Relaxing


No,I admit I didn't read the rules.I was posting an ad,not racing a car.I guess it should be for only one week then.I tried to log on,and all I saw was a message that I was banned.
That's okay.I don't plan on posting anything over there anyways.
 
Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe their should be rules and they need to be followed. Still that seems like a minor deal and he could have warned you.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4141 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Fugg them if they cant take a joke
 
Posts: 2491 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ken runs a tight ship. Couple of offenders banned there that were here.
I’ve been warned for some of my posts.
I’ve never seen you post anything bad or comment bad. Banned for bumping up? That’s kinda tough.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4565 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I guess I "broke" the rules.I listed my Dad's motorhome for sale.He told me to drop the price,so I dropped the price with a note that it could be seen at St.Louis last week.
The ad was removed and I was banned for "bumping my thread to the top".
Now I admit that I did not know this and do take blame for not following his "rules".
But it makes me wonder how a message board can be viable when they treat their users this way.
There are all kinds of banner ads that must be contributing to the bottom line. So banning a user and removing an ad seems a little over the top to me.
Anyone else ever been banned on a message board?
I'd like to see the whole thing over there go belly up.



That should have been a warning. That’s just not cool!


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4565 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
They have always been good too me Smile
 
Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got banned years ago for the same thing. It was an honest mistake. Someone once told me what he makes off that site and I almost fell over . $$$$$
Are the numbers true, I have no idea.
 
Posts: 1626 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was banned (lifetime) for a comment that was misunderstood. I PM'd Ken and explained myself. He lifted the ban.
 
Posts: 76 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I don't know who runs that forum, but they are soft as hell. I tried to make an identical account to this one here, and got my IP address banned before I could ever make an account. Same email as here, same user name. wtf.


------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod
 
Posts: 223 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
I don't know who runs that forum, but they are soft as hell. I tried to make an identical account to this one here, and got my IP address banned before I could ever make an account. Same email as here, same user name. wtf.


Probably because EB already has an account on that site...


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
CR and YB are more trouble than they're worth.
I don't have time to waste being irritated.

goob- not that I can't throwdown, if necessary


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 1728 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
I don't know who runs that forum, but they are soft as hell. I tried to make an identical account to this one here, and got my IP address banned before I could ever make an account. Same email as here, same user name. wtf.


Probably because EB already has an account on that site...


Dave gets it! Wink

Nimbo, you know who runs that forum & they are definitely not "soft as hell". You have already found that out as 1320racer & have the spotlight on you again. That's the reason you're trying to make an account with another screen name. A way to hide, like the chicken little you are. You're running out places to openly be your piece of shyt self.

Nimbo ED same old scum troll of the different forums. Nimbo got exactly what he deserved by being banned.

2BKING gets it.
Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
 
Posts: 2648 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don’t spend the me over there. But I have heard the drama was in full swing recently. No surprise. If the admin allows it he must like it. That fella brings more drama than a sorority house.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They wacked me years ago when a racer asked me about the Trailer Toad. I described how they worked and put my website down. Boom, banned for advertising or something. Don't care and don't miss it. Seemed over the top but it's his sandbox and sand. Class Racers are used to that treatment, I am not.


www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
I don't know who runs that forum, but they are soft as hell. I tried to make an identical account to this one here, and got my IP address banned before I could ever make an account. Same email as here, same user name. wtf.


Probably because EB already has an account on that site...


Dave gets it! Wink

Nimbo, you know who runs that forum & they are definitely not "soft as hell". You have already found that out as 1320racer & have the spotlight on you again. That's the reason you're trying to make an account with another screen name. A way to hide, like the chicken little you are. You're running out places to openly be your piece of shyt self.

Nimbo ED same old scum troll of the different forums. Nimbo got exactly what he deserved by being banned.

2BKING gets it.
Relaxing


Nim isn’t Pigley guys.

Completely different writing style. Doesn’t seem to have the propensity to never be wrong either Big Grin
 
Posts: 733 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Banned From Classracer

© DragRaceResults.com 2024