DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    One Piece Dragster Body
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Piece Dragster Body
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Has anyone made any mods to one of these monsters for easier handling? Like cut them in 1/2 or anything to make them manageable by 1 person without a 50' long shop.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have wondered about this. I have seen funnycar style mounted versions where they can be propped up so you can access most everything under the body. That might reduce the need to remove the body all together.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed Quay built some of them with a "hidden hinge" just ahead of cowl. I had a fiberglass body on a new S&W and it was a Pain in the A-- , especially if you needed under it in a hurry on a race day.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I had a fiberglass body on a new S&W and it was a Pain in the A-- , especially if you needed under it in a hurry on a race day.
That is what I would expect.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post