Find
Notify
Tools

gun buy backs
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
How stupid do you have to be to think that a gun buy back means that one gun that would be used in a crime is what is being bought back. Only way possible is buying a gun before a criminal can steal it.

Winston Salem about 45 miles away is having one of these con job deals this week. Got to wonder how many honest citizens are gullible enough to fall for this crap.

Hey I have old busted shotgun that could not be made usable for 200 in parts if you had to.Wonder what they will give me for it?

Wonder how many criminals are getting their arsenals together to take over and sale. Betting zero.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
It is not meant to get guns away from criminals, just law abiding citizens who don't want them anymore and can't be bothered to sell them or transfer to someone who does.

I guess it makes sense if you don't want them stolen and used to commit a crime.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Only if you get your nutz cut, so your neighbor wont have any more unruly kids.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Quote. We are doing this in hopes of putting end to or at least reducing gun violence. Better chance of hitting lottery and that is 1 in 292million.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Quote. We are doing this in hopes of putting end to or at least reducing gun violence.

Yep, that is the anti-gun way of thinking. They just come up with dumb ideas like this and people buy into it thinking they are doing good when in fact, they are giving up their right to bear arms and defend themselves.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Was not meant as argument, if taking that way. It was pointing out that was how it is being presented to the public on local news broadcast.

Agree it is the irrational thinking of anti gun left.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was not meant as argument, if taking that way

Not at all, I was agreeing with you in case you took my first post wrong lol.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
PARK close to the buyback area with a sign that says "I PAY MORE"

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wonder if gun manufacturers support these programs?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:

BINGO!!!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
I wonder if gun manufacturers support these programs?

Maybe but as the little details leak out of these communist bills that are being passed I wouldn't be surprised to find money in them for this crap.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The best part is that any guns the officials don't want end up sold at the Sheriff's auction. Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:

Better not. NC law requires permit for person to person sale. Had a cop tell me at a gun show(same location as matter of fact) that if I sold the other guy the gun I would be going to jail.

Now if you have a ccw no permit required even at dealer.That might get you by it.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The armed American is and has been in the way of the left's agenda. The Kyle R thing really grates their cheese in this way.
What they want is an unarmed, passive society that does what they are told. For now, we still have just a little spark of rebellion from the days when our country was created. But that spark is growing dim.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Gun buy backs = Grandpa's guns that have been under a bed for 50 years, are not going to harm anyone ever again

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm not suggesting anything but there are a million other ways to take someone's life if someone wants to. We (as inhabitants of Earth) could melt down every single firearm ever made that still exists, make it one huge pile of scrap and we, as resourceful humans, will find another way be it a pencil, knife, or some oddball concoction of chemicals that we can pick up at wal-mart. Remember, a few hundred years ago, people killed other people with sticks and stones among other things.

So guns are not the issue. They just happen to be the most feared. Not the most available or least expensive, because you can buy stuff at walmart that could take out a half of a football stadium. A buyback is simply the beginning. It could be said that it's just a low-key confiscation.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
I would be all over this, I have a few blem lowers that i bought before covid for $30. I would sell them for $200 each, then go buy some more ammo.
LMAO

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1299 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
A buyback is simply the beginning. It could be said that it's just a low-key confiscation.

Trueskees. Not to mince words but, the govt. can't "buyback" something they never owned. Further, they would be "buying them back" with YOUR money!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea they have a 50k limit they can spend.Nobody has said what they pay for the guns. Betting it is not market value. Don't bother me. Guns are almost like dogs in this house.Once they are here it is for life.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
yea they have a 50k limit they can spend.Nobody has said what they pay for the guns. Betting it is not market value. Don't bother me. Guns are almost like dogs in this house.Once they are here it is for life.

I figure this was the one, should pay $200 for my "guns"

https://www.wxii12.com/article...on-saturday/38283079

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1299 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post