Find
Notify
Tools

more bs breakage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
So in my ongoing list of how to break shyt. I had a fuel pump seal decide to leak yesterday. enough so that startingline guy caught it before burnoput. I had found it and tried A&T engineering on it , but like most A&T stuff it did not work.

So short recap of crap this year.

Vacuum / fuel pump drive
Thought starter ended up battery
Main oil line dumped 8 qt.s quick
TRabdbarke solenoid
reverse piston seal
dumbass driver screw up on erasing TB delay
Fuel pump leak
Transmission cooler thermostat switch for fan leaking

I think that covers it but probably missed something/ Most all of above ended race day or prvented going.

Only up side is that so far only one of my pieces was issue. Woo hoo.

Got to love this or be freaking crazy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The other upside is you don't live in California. Smile

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
no argument there.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You must be REAL popular at your local track...

When they see you coming in the gate they are on alert

Slobbering up the track and holding up the action is your M.O.

I'm just telling it like you describe your outings....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
it is alcohol and evaporated before it hits the ground. As for popular not my problem. track manager offered me anything I needed/ Offered up his gold cart to pull to the line instead of driving or pulling back from the top end when I said the tank needed to be bigger. He offered me a lane soley for the A/fyel car if neede for testing. Also said hey it is just a new car shyt and he has had some issues himself in past.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
While did make big mess when oli line broke. Only mess I made Other than a few drops of trans fluid that took about 2 minutes max to clean.

VACUUM PUMP DRIVE
BATTERY
Bad break line
few drops alcohol
delay b ox tb delay erased
leaky reverse piston seal
burned tb solenoid which manufacturer said they had been problems with

all cost nobody but me

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hey with the amount of shyt government is feeding us I am sure the amount in peanut butter is nothing comparison wise.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's not "bs breakage". It's valuable experience. Smile As long as it teaches a lesson, it's good stuff. If it is ignored, then it isn't worth a d*mn. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's all kind of part of the process. There's human errors. Theres quality errors with parts. There are learnings. And there are fluke things. We have had some streaks where we looked like a monkey f'in a football. And some where we were quite competitive. If I were writing checks for everything we did I'd be more angry. But we do a lot of this stuff ourselves and haven't become experts at all the things. When we changed up our program it kinda sent us through the learning curve on some things again.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Stupid me/ I thought after all the years ereunning faster stuff making 54 to 9 times the HP. YThis little toy would be simple fun. ZDid not expect every piece in the car to show its butt.

Could understand if my first car. But 10 or 12the car? Plus with injected motor on alcohol like I ran 30 years ago beofe going top alcohol which is abot the same excpet the wind mill and 4 times the hp.

If was cheap crap and broke .Hell, it was supposed to. Buy what is supposed to be top of line for the most part and it breaks because took too long to complete build. WTH

Oh well new seals on the way and two sets of them.

As for the monkey I look more like the one getting f'ed by the football in this deal. NLOL