DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    shout out for Piedmont dragway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shout out for Piedmont dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Had less than fun day trying to get car down track. Seemed to break or leak something new every attempt.
The track crew and owner were awesome Had minor oil leak.Actually think just oil from having VC's off, but they did their job.Had us shut down and told us if could fix we could still make the run. Track owner offered us his golf cart to pull car back to pits. then let us use for rest of the day.
Nedw owner who I had never met before yesterday. I think he went above and beyond.

Now with Jimmy Turner who owned it when we ran the first 3-second pass there and was always his headliner team for match races. I would have figured the treatment. But for someone who knew nothing of our team or past there. It was above and beyond tratment.

Piedmont dragway In Juilian NC.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know they had a new owner.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Me either till yesterday.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AM
posted Hide Post
There has been no ownership change. ROn Senecal is the owner and has been for some years now. There has been a change of management, Rick Moore and a lady named Buffy are going to be running things for Ron. Wishing them all the best.

Posts: 2906 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Maybe miss heard him then. Was about positive he said new owner. Maybe my bad. Still went above and beyond helping us out.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad Chris been several that "claimed" they owned the place when all along it belonged to Jim Turner. Senecal is the first one to come up with his own money to really own it--I think!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Like I said. Jim offering me his golf cart for use would not surprise me in least. Then Have known him since late 80's.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Love it! My Sister lived next door to Jims Mom. Bubba used to rope us off a spot when we came down from Baltimore to those top gun shoot outs years ago. I have had some good times at that place. About got car back together so I may be there soon testing.