Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Terry Sinke
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted
For those old timers, Terry Sinke passed away yesterday 7/22 at 78 yrs old. He lived down the street from me and I raced a lot with him in the 80/90's. He was a pioneer and innovator. He was one of the original alky carburetor innovators, although never sought to register/patent it. He started buybacks with Royce Miller around 1984. He drove a 48 Fiat Topolino (Pyles & Sinke) in his early days and later drove one of his self built dragsters here in Maryland. He worked at AutoFab racecars to the end and he and Rob Hamilton ran S&H racecars years earlier. He did a lot of winning from Moroso, Puerto Rico, and up & down the east coast. He had not raced in the last 15 yrs due to health. RIP brother !

Posts: 25 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, god speed.
We are loosing the diehard racers! Sucks!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4597 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Sinke was a fierce competitor at the track. Away from the track he was a laid back kind soul who would help anyone. We worked together for years at Autofab and he taught be quite a bit about racing, tuning cars and life in general.

He was a great friend, teammate and mentor to me. He will be missed.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 777 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I probably knew him longer than anyone on here. From back when he worked on Danny Crites car (The Baltimore Bandit) way back. He made the first sheet metal intake I ever saw for that car. He and Royce did come up with that buy back idea. I could write a book about him, Bernie Pyles (senior)Sam Pannuty, and myself as we raced together when I lived in Millersville long ago. Us old ****s are going fast. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. RIP Sinke

Posts: 6246 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RIP Terry. I was also introduced to my 1st alky carb by Terry. He was a great and funny guy. Always willing to help. Also an extremely good racer.
I was just thinking of him recently and wondering if he was still here. I don't think I am as old as Ferndale but must be close and from the same area. It really sucks to weekly see our local hero's and friends passing.

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post