DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Harold Owens Division 7 NHRA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harold Owens Division 7 NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Harold Owens the NHRA staging lanes standout has passed away.
Most here have some great stories about Harold.
We have a few and we will miss our buddy.

I’ve sent NHRA messages hoping they will publish his time and accomplishments.

God Speed Harold.

Gillette Racing
Jeff
Barry
Darren

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I always liked Harold. One of the guys I missed most when I quit NHRA Racing.

SL...

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Harold was a great guy.
Glad I had the opportunity to know him.
It was always a pleasure to chat with him.
May he rest in peace.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Harold always had a smile on his face even after standing at the head of the staging lanes for 14 hours. I don't know how he did it but I do know he had drag racing in his blood. A TRUE DRAG RACER BUT MOST OF ALL A TRUE GENTLEMAN. RIP HAROLD, You will be missed. Larry Scarth

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I am so so sorry. Harold was a great guy and I will remember him forever. Praying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had the bye at Phoenix one year due to an accidental perfect light. Harold came over and leaned in the car and said Vern, you can be red, you can be late or you can be fast. Just don’t hit the wall please! Laughed my ass off.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Harold was one of the nicest guys you could have ever met. Always had a smile and a kind word, couldn't necessarily ride a bike very well but, as Larry said, A TRUE GENTLEMAN! NHRA had a great Ambassador at the head of the staging lanes, my wife and I will never forget him.

Thanks for all the great memories Harold, God Speed!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
I miss seeing Harold at the head of staging so many days at the races!

If anyone has any updated on services or memorials, please me me know.

Dave Gerard
714-879-0082
Moeller-Whitby-Gerard 751 TD
www.DragRaceCentral.com

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
RIP Harold :-( Super-nice gentleman.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A few racers were invited to Harold’s birthday party in town. I never laughed so hard in my life!
Everyone was in tears. He should have done standup!
A few of the guys here were there and can chime in.
Gonna miss you Harold.
Rest in peace, god speed.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Harold, Miss seeing him in the lanes. Such a fun guy.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Coworker and close friend. We were inseparable when at the races and we always looked out for each other. I've been missing him at the races but now miss him as one of my best friends. Frown

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 991 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Here is a FaceBook post on Harold on the NHRA Division 7 section.

https://www.facebook.com/nhrad7

DG

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Services information:

Full military honors will be rendered on Friday, 15 December, 2023, at 12:30PM. at the:
Bakersfield National Cemetery, 30338 E Bear Mountain Blvd, Arvin, CA. 93203,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you David.

Raceless in California!