DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA Licensing Fees Have Gone Up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA Licensing Fees Have Gone Up
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Seems I had not checked the flyers for the West Palm race for a few days----Thanks

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rob Keister
posted Hide Post
From what I was told the license fees are up there because it covers you incase your in an accident at an NHRA track. That's why you can't cross over an IHRA license and use it at an NHRA track. I was told by higher ups when I held an event at a D1 track and we were inviting IHRA cars to attend and was told that I couldn't do that but, they would gladly do the paperwork to cross over the racers....of course nobody from IHRA came.

We have done less and less NHRA Divisional events over the past few years. We did MG and VMP this year just so I could get a chance to drive myself, we have a .90 series here on the East Coast for SST.SG & SC and adding TS & TD at some events next year. You can't beat it, you get two races for one two on one weekend, depending on the tracks, they sometimes have a bracket race that night or on Sundays, payouts are close to a NHRA event, get contingency on the spot, no having to give a blood sample to get contingency and the entry fee is about half of that plus a Free racers BBQ on Saturday Nights. To me it's a lot more fun then the Divisional and National events but, also understand that some people care about that gold man at the end of the day or having a single or double digit the next year on your car.

Posts: 59 | Location: Vineland, NJ | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
There’s no way to financially justify NHRA racing on its own merits, without considering sponsorships or something. With that said, after bracket racing for 20+ years I’ve come to enjoy the differences.

I like the pressure that comes with driving halfway across the country and having one shot with no buyback. I can race both of my cars and still take a nap in a chair, and have the cars put away before dark. I like the blind rounds and added variable of the throttle stop.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
But yet racers will spend tens of thousands at a minimum and byotch and complain over licensing and membership fees which are miniscule in comparison to the rest of the cost . Lay off eating a cheeseburger every week and use that money to pay for your license lol ....

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
This site needs a like button. Everyone has to make their choices with their $$$ everyday. Whatever that choice is, it's the right one.

I prefer .90 racing quarter mile, no interest in bracket racing. When it goes away, I will too. When I run out of $$, I'll quit. I have 2 old cars that are still competitive, even if I suck at it.

When I do go, I won't post complaining about ANYTHING. If it quits being fun, that's my fault, not NHRA.

This weekend, Mr. Bill Gibbs was in attendance at Noble D4 LODRS flogging his gorgeous Dodge Dart SS car. I doubt he was worried about the purse structure. Or his license fees. Oh, BTW he is a spry 90 years young. I make a point to visit him any time I can. He is still LIVING LIFE.

That's my plan too.I'll rest when I have no choice.

Do what works for you.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 794 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The last 2 posts ^^^^Brillant^^^^

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
But yet racers will spend tens of thousands at a minimum and byotch and complain over licensing and membership fees which are miniscule in comparison to the rest of the cost . Lay off eating a cheeseburger every week and use that money to pay for your license lol ....

That's hardly the point really. The question is one of value. Would you buy a $900 steering wheel for the race car? Why not? We spend tens of thousands on our race cars and you won't pop for a $900 steering wheel?
What is our license getting us for our increased money? I'm not arguing either way. Maybe it is well worth it. But if we are going to discuss cost, we should discuss what the product really is.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post