DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SAD NEWS RIP PHIL WATKINS OF MM RACING
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAD NEWS RIP PHIL WATKINS OF MM RACING
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted
Phil passed away last night. I met him right here when he was still living in Kansas and working for Cessna . In 2014 he came out to AZ to work for Learjet. He will be missed by all who knew him. Condolences to his family . May he rest in peace.

Praying

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
looks like the last time he posted here was early May and that was only a few posts since welcoming me back here in April. Was he ill?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
RIP Phil

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Ed a three year fight with cancer, he was a heavy hitter in his Beretta. I believe in 2015 he had Won Divison 7 pro at ET finals and went on to Pomona .

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Our condolences to Phil's family, rest in peace Mr. Watkins.

Bob

Posts: 3125 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
condolences to family

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Wow, always enjoyed conversations with him. He was a customer for around 20 years. Good racer.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1385 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Phill was our tech inspector at Wichita International Raceway for a number of years before moving to Arizona. He was always friendly and personable. He ran a competitive car (the midnight machine el Camino and later a beretta, and his daughter ran Jrs. It was a loss to our local racing community when he relocated, and a bigger loss now that he is gone. Godspeed Phil, you will be missed.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 313 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, I met Phil when he was working Tech at WIR, in the late 90's. He would sometimes drive up the KS Turnpike to race with us at HPT, and he was a hitter in that El Camino. I qualified for the E.T. Finals 10 straight years before moving to TX in '08, and seemed like he was always there representing Wichita. Last time I really got to visit with him, he won the Division V Finals in Pro ET with the ElCo, up in Brainerd, MN in 2005. Super nice guy, never met anyone who didn't like him. We kept in touch via FB, and he wished me a HBD earlier this year. I thanked him, but I didn't know he had been fighting Pancreatic Cancer. That is the kind of guy he was, humble and never made anything about himself. RIP Midnight Machine.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1059 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post