DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Auto Club Dragway Fontana: Facts or Rumors?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto Club Dragway Fontana: Facts or Rumors?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
Any updates on the track?

I heard that they are have NASCAR, the go kart track, and the road course open.

SoCal needs a good quarter mile dragstrip!

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I called the main office several times trying to get an update on the possible re-opening and was told that there are no plans to re-open the Fontana Drag Strip.

Check with Mike, he might have more encouraging information.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At least until 2022 that is. Pomona is officially closed for the rest of 2021. National Summit ET Finals now at fall Vegas nationals.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't remember the last time I posted on this site.....

FYI, "January 08, 2020 01:22 PM"

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rant on Charlie, (AKA Scooter Mogul). We all miss the place.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
This was posted over on YB

From Fontana :

Over the last year, we have had to make a number of tough decisions with respect to our business structure and operations due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, as part of this, the Auto Club Dragway will remain closed for 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
At least until 2022 that is. Pomona is officially closed for the rest of 2021. National Summit ET Finals now at fall Vegas nationals.

I think Pomona was.... the same weekend as the double in Woodburn. No worries now..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Everything happens first in California.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Some of the Pro’s sayin Pomona is a go later this year...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If the Pro's think there will be a Pomona later in the year then why did they move the National E.T. Finals to Vegas?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
If the Pro's think there will be a Pomona later in the year then why did they move the National E.T. Finals to Vegas?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
If the Pro's think there will be a Pomona later in the year then why did they move the National E.T. Finals to Vegas?[/QUOTE

Just telling you what I’ve heard as in yesterday.. I’m with you, I don’t believe it’s happening! Putting my efforts into the recall! clapping

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When Edelbrock has to suspend operations in order to pack up and leave California, you know it's bad.

We got the last set of Edelbrock BBC heads in the country, good chit too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,