DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Bracket positive ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bracket positive ideas
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
These thoughts are from a lifetime of drag racing. They are my experiences, observations, and feedback from other racers. In addition, thoughts for a local [to you] track that wants to amp up its bracket program.

All these ideals will be the efforts of a volunteer group.

*With each race, hand out a sheet with the names of all racers and rounds won, updated with each race, and include all who have attended the track. In addition, this list will be posted on the track website and kept up to date.

*Track owners enlist the help of the volunteer group to post photos on the website. Consider a variety of pics, at the line, in the lanes, in the pits, under the hood, car interiors, etc. Racers like cars and any photos are of interest.

*One of the volunteer group members will have the skills to write stories. Have that person interview racers and do a story. This "racer story" will be handed out with the rounds won sheet and posted on the website.

*Contact local cafes, parts stores, other businesses. Ask the restaurant to donate a coupon for one free meal when they purchase one. Ask the parts store for small items, oil filter, wash liquid, a bag of rags, spray B-12, etc. Each business will be featured on the handout sheets and website.

This just scratches the surface and primes the pump for more ideas.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Years ago when we Won a race we would have our names in the newspaper on Wed and in the National Dragster.

Now I do not do this to get rich but it sure was nice to have people at work or where ever come up to me and ask if that was me who Won last week.

We all enjoy the recognition and it helps our sport grow.

What you are talking about is promoting the racers and tracks better and I agree it needs to be done more.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Somewhat similar to the Texas Bracket Racers Association (TBRA) in the late 60"s. back before internet. Good idea, the work can become overwhelming but more tools to work with today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mopar Traitor,

Posts: 267 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Somewhat similar to the Texas Bracket Racers Association (TBRA) in the late 60"s. back before internet. Good idea, the work can become overwhelming but more tools to work with today.

That reminds me of the APS News that had monthly paper that promoted us and some businesses. Dale Sibley? Automotive Performance Specialties?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
All good ideas and at some tracks it can work out well. Then there's the situations where the management starts abusing and taking advantage of the volunteers which then sours it so no one will volunteer.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Show up, race, be thankful, repeat.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Larry I still have a Newspaper clipping from the early 80's. It read that I had won a Motorcycle Race at I-20 Dragway against Bobby Lacy. I was so mad (because I wasn't ridin' no dang motorcycle) they did a correction in the next weeks paper. One thing I do know I still have a Racey Lacy Torque Wrench.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post