Find
Notify
Tools

Soft Drinks
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted
I don't like plain water. My preference is Gatorade Zero or G2 Fruit Punch only. It's darn near impossible to find. Same with Pepsi Caffeine free Diet. Though I don't do much soda anymore.

I can get Caffeine free diet coke most days.

Are other parts of the country seeing this?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good drinks getting hard to find. Mostly water and G2 for the input when racing. I can’t do sodas at all. Can’t tolerate caffeine or a lot of sugar. I’m already on the chip without it. Most of the waters we drink don’t have any value in them for us. I’ve tried almost everything. Ideas?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Most city water has enough chlorine in it to bleach your clothes. I don't drink soft drinks at all and we have a good well so I stay happy. I do buy Deer Park spring water for the track. And yes it is spring water.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I drink a lot of plain water. Soft drinks only with booze, but I don’t drink much of that either.

Most days start with a single cup of coffee and then just water the rest of the way.

When racing I replace the coffee with chocolate milk.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
At the races I drink lots of Liquid IV stuff from Costco. It is really good and they have it on sale once a month or so.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I do Powerade and some water at the track...the Powerade is zero calories and I prefer the grape and fruit punch flavors...I get them at Publix when they are on BOGO...I do have some Gatorade zero (it is really 5 calories) stuff from a BOGO...if I need a jolt I carry some Lipton peach iced tea, my fav...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
I drink Diet Coke. Tons of it too. I’ll mix in some Gatorade now and then if I’m sweating like crazy. I did quit smoking a while back though…

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
According to the American Diabetes Association one of the contributing factors that leads to Diabetes are diet soft drinks.

Crack in a can.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
All this shyt with ZERO calories gone have yall forgetting what day of the week it is for long…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Mix some crystal light packets with your favorite water will change your life

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
have not had a soda since 1995 lots of water on hot days though and little lunch

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 407 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Tang

The fastest guys ever drank it...Astronauts.. Smile

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I havent drank any soda in 12 years. I drink Ozarka bottled water, unsweetened Almond milk, beer on occasion and black coffee, way too much coffee everyday

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I havent drank any soda in 12 years. I drink Ozarka bottled water, unsweetened Almond milk, beer on occasion and black coffee, way too much coffee everyday

Is that why you're so cranky?

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the county on a dairy farm - on fresh spring water and milk. Moved to town and couldn't stand to drink colorine treated town water. Drank a lot of bottled spring water for years, now I have a double filter with a charcoal filter at my house, and add a little lemon juice to it and drink mostly filtered tap water. The lemon really helps me drink more water, just try it.
But whatever you do try to get away from soda and the sugared drinks.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
I grew up in the county on a dairy farm - on fresh spring water and milk. Moved to town and couldn't stand to drink colorine treated town water. Drank a lot of bottled spring water for years, now I have a double filter with a charcoal filter at my house, and add a little lemon juice to it and drink mostly filtered tap water. The lemon really helps me drink more water, just try it.
But whatever you do try to get away from soda and the sugared drinks.

Same here. Moved to the city for 10 years, and moved back to the country with a well. Guess I got used to the city water. Out here it tastes like bottled water coming out of the faucet.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nomad try Body Armor lyte Tastes good and hydrates well I don't see anything bad in it but often I water it down a little.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I to lived on a farm when I was young. Drank well water and milk straight from the cow. We moved to town and processed milk made me throw up so I stopped drinking milk, to this day I don't drink milk at all. As for water, it tastes like Clorox to me most places but those artesian wells they had when I lived south of Baltimore were right up there with the best I ever tasted.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I drink Mountain Dew.
With the right amount,I get good lights.With too much,I redlight.And with none at all,I'm dead late.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I drink Mountain Dew.
With the right amount,I get good lights.With too much,I redlight.And with none at all,I'm dead late.

If I may, you are functioning under the influence of a caffeine drug. Probably not ideal, but your choice.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post