DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No box winner at the million
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No box winner at the million
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
Donnie Hagar that kid was flat nasty... Congrats

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good job!!!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Towed in on a open trailer and sleeping is a tent surrounded big $$$$$ race rigs. Huge respect of the guy

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
That is cool.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Towed in on a open trailer and sleeping is a tent surrounded big $$$$$ race rigs. Huge respect of the guy

I think he might be aBLE TO UPGRADE A BIT LOL

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A Salute and a tip of the cap to that Racer!! Well Done...

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I race with him on a weekly basis and to say he's a breath of fresh air would be an understatement. He's the most respectful young man I know, quiet pretty much stays to himself. We need more young people like him in our world. Congrats Donnie!

Posts: 470 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
clapping Not worthy

Posts: 1566 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Amazing, just amazing.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations - that is the stuff racing legends are made of.

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats great stuff right there---I seem to remember someone winning the Vegas Fling million towing from VA with an open trailer then winning a second million the same year. Remember Jeff Verdi?

I like it---all door cars and 2 off the foot!!!!!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon@BTE:
Congratulations - that is the stuff racing legends are made of.

Might be a good time to get a BTE sticker on that vega haha

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Cool deal.

Love it when lower-buck guys win. Gives a chance to upgrade equipment. Also proves it takes more than just a lot of money to win and hard work will pay off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Absolutely incredible. Well done...and then some. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I thought you had to be rich to win these big races?
Well done to this young man.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This young racer did an Excellent job and Congrats to him!!! A story that played out well with a HAPPY ending.

Posts: 2474 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
From Jeff Ledford -

For the Love of The GAME! Awesome to see a young guy that spends every minute of every day putting everything he has into this sport that we love. Probably not 10 open trailers in the pit area and only 1 sleeping in a tent this morning. Dude drove all night to compete in 1 event and wins the Million Dollar drag race. Congrats Kid Donnie Hagar!

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
We have been told that you need to have a four link rear engine dragster with large BBC to win these things because it is the best tool for the job.

While that may be true I sure like seeing different combinations win and door cars seem to do quite well at the Big money events.

Amazing to see a Door Car FOOTBRAKING win the thing! He is obviously very good, he probably had some good luck along the way and maybe an Angel on his shoulder.

On the surface it looks like he took a knife to a Gunfight but look who came out on top. I am impressed that he even attempted it, much less won it.

Congratulations.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazing to see a Door Car FOOTBRAKING

Was he footbraking or leaving with a transbrake? I thought I heard him on the 2 step so that usually means they are leaving off bottom with a button.

Posts: 1566 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Transbrake off the bottom

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post