DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Acid dipper Nev or Ariz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acid dipper Nev or Ariz
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Looking for an acid dipping company in Arizona or Nevada. California seems to have eliminated all of them here.
Anybody know of one that can dip a body shell and a frame?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe check classracer.com,if no response here.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
You're talking paint and rust stripping for restoration?
Redi-Strip used to have several locations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Goob,

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's actually a 1940 Ford body I had acid dipped about 8-9yrs ago....Had it covered up in one of my garages but it still rusted pretty bad. I live by the beach so you'd think I'd be aware of rusting. I just want to get it bare metal again and in primer. Same story on the really nice aftermarket frame I had sitting next to it.
I wouldn't mind sandblasting the frame but don't want to blast the body because I can never get all the sand out of the corners. seams and little pockets.

Anyhow, anybody use/know of an acid dipper that can also dip it in primer or spray would be great. In Nevada or Arizona. Mexico?....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
You're talking paint and rust stripping for restoration?
Redi-Strip used to have several locations.

I think Redistrip is only in the Midwest somewhere....

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave. You have any media blasters near by? Baking soda blast or walnut shells? Probably cheaper and cleaner. I don’t know what the water blasters use for media.

BP

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post