https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/5987061186

June 02, 2018, 10:00 PM
Don Kennedy
Another race car damaged in the pits at BG
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
quote:
Speaking of race car crashes......

Whatever happened with the one where the Stocker (SuperStocker?) did a burnout from the ticket booth and drove into the guys dragster/trailer on here?

Don sued the guy and won is what I heard. Pretty sure the guy had to pay.

This is not me don kennedy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Kennedy,

Don Kennedy
June 02, 2018, 10:50 PM
imakehp
"And if the track owner was negligent in allowing golf carts to be operated in unauthorized areas and/or operated by under-aged drivers, I’d toss them into the lawsuit pile too."

I guess the track owner should assign a security guard to every golf cart on the grounds to police each one all times?
Protect himself from lawsuits by the very people he's trying to provide a place to race....

Dave

F J B

June 03, 2018, 07:02 AM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
"And if the track owner was negligent in allowing golf carts to be operated in unauthorized areas and/or operated by under-aged drivers, I’d toss them into the lawsuit pile too."

I guess the track owner should assign a security guard to every golf cart on the grounds to police each one all times?
Protect himself from lawsuits by the very people he's trying to provide a place to race....

Sue happy society. We have to provide liability insurance for our golf carts at our track now so they can protect themselves. And of course the registration sticker costs money. Terrific! Roll Eyes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
June 03, 2018, 09:48 AM
ferndaleflyer
Couple of times I remember. I was at Norwalk years ago and every under age kid they caught on a golf cart, atv, etc, they impounded it and the only way to get it back was to either wait till the end of the event or get it now and leave. Another time at Carolina for the bracket finals one of our teams kids was stopped by security in a golf cart and our team was penalized 1 point. These things cause a lot of problems and look no further than the parents.
June 03, 2018, 09:57 AM
wideopen231
Man glad they didn't have these penalties when me and lil brother where drag racing 4 wheeler s in return road at Rocking ham.
In our defense it was raining like SOB and everyone loved the show.Even had another racer flag the race for us.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
June 03, 2018, 11:30 AM
67TSCHEVY2
I pay 850 for 100k key off coverage thru Chris Norris . You may be lawsuit happy and be willing to wait for years to try and settle ...why not let the insurance people pursue it . Plus you have coverage for fire and theft , transportation , etc ... anyone with half a brain could figure the benefits outweigh the exposure imo
June 03, 2018, 01:10 PM
60 falcon
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
I pay 850 for 100k key off coverage thru Chris Norris . You may be lawsuit happy and be willing to wait for years to try and settle ...why not let the insurance people pursue it . Plus you have coverage for fire and theft , transportation , etc ... anyone with half a brain could figure the benefits outweigh the exposure imo

Chris is a great guy I pay $230 for $25,000 in coverage.

sammy mathis
June 03, 2018, 02:36 PM
top189h
Is that $850 per year?
June 03, 2018, 04:14 PM
67TSCHEVY2
Yes sir
June 04, 2018, 08:31 AM
SlyFox
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

If they started enforcing the rules and tossing people for flagrant violations of the rules, the message would be delivered and additional security wouldn't be required.

Or stated another way, I guess I should go spend a bunch of money on race car insurance because some people are knuckleheads who don't think the rules apply to them, and the track owners/sanctioning bodies do nothing about it?

Mike
June 04, 2018, 08:32 AM
SlyFox
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Couple of times I remember. I was at Norwalk years ago and every under age kid they caught on a golf cart, atv, etc, they impounded it and the only way to get it back was to either wait till the end of the event or get it now and leave. Another time at Carolina for the bracket finals one of our teams kids was stopped by security in a golf cart and our team was penalized 1 point. These things cause a lot of problems and look no further than the parents.

My point exactly

Mike