DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Gooseneck 53' ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Gooseneck 53' ideas
 Login/Join
 
DRR Elite
posted
We have two full length dragsters and a golf cart in our 44' GN now. Everything on the floor. Golf cart driven on the back last. Kind of ideal. But we are starting to see more and more two day events. None of the lq trailers give us enough garage space. Wouldn't mind more of an open concept design. Willing to go 53'. Just tossing around ideas now. Seems like even used trailers are going for stupid prices at the moment.
Have considered raising the nose of one. But it doesn't buy us a lot of space unless we can get the rear of one next to the front wheels of the other. Otherwise you are still staggered. If we could do that, we could put a bathroom in our 44' and probably make things work creatively. But the rear of one dragster really has to have the tires tucked in tight to make that even possible. Ours is an extended height trailer.
Anyone see anything similar?


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Friend Harold changes tires on one car to 15” truck for room. Works well. Could you build a mini lift?


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4535 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Friend Harold changes tires on one car to 15” truck for room. Works well. Could you build a mini lift?


That would certainly work
A spot of work loading up but I never thought of that!


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine was just telling me last weekend that he is changing trailers and thinks he'll lose his ass on the one he bought last year because trailer prices are sinking fast.

Same friend, his last trailer was a LQ gooseneck but did not have a permanent wall separating the LQ and garage. It was a power retractable wall, so the 'living room' area could be used as garage space until you get to the track and unload, with jackknife couches folded up against the wall.

It was a great setup, but then he started travelling more and his kids had nowhere to sleep until the trailer was unloaded.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3172 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
A good friend of mine was just telling me last weekend that he is changing trailers and thinks he'll lose his ass on the one he bought last year because trailer prices are sinking fast.

Same friend, his last trailer was a LQ gooseneck but did not have a permanent wall separating the LQ and garage. It was a power retractable wall, so the 'living room' area could be used as garage space until you get to the track and unload, with jackknife couches folded up against the wall.

It was a great setup, but then he started travelling more and his kids had nowhere to sleep until the trailer was unloaded.


That is interesting!


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
That is one of the reasons I took an old trailer and modified it for my needs. I wanted a nice place to stay cool, get a shower and sleep plus be able to quickly and easily load my stuff and work on my car in trailer if needed.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4062 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For those who have done showers.....does one need a gooseneck/trap on the drain before it goes into the tank to control odor? I'm assuming so.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
For those who have done showers.....does one need a gooseneck/trap on the drain before it goes into the tank to control odor? I'm assuming so.


Yes, mine has one.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4535 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good deal


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
They should have the trap over any black or grey water tank or you will have smells. With that said on mine I will not be using shower very often and mine will drain directly on the ground or a portable tank. I will spray down with warm water. Turn off water, soap down and then rinse off. Will not ever be doing the long hot showers.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4062 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Can you get by without the golf cart? If so you can easily haul two dragsters and two scooters in a 32 foot space with no front cabinets and the cabinets on the side. This leaves you a little more room for your living quarters.

My black tank and my gray water tank do NOT have a trap, they go straight into the tank. On the black tank this allows you to use a swirling extension on the end of a hose to clean out the tank. A trap would interfere with that. The packets of scent work fine. Perhaps if you had an external cleaning tube that went up into the tank that would allow you to flush the tank.

Be sure and order the trailer with one foot extra height or you’ll be banging your head on the roof in the living quarters. A twelve volt fan works well if you have a place to hang it to keep you cool while you sleep. I built a bracket on the air conditioner to do that. Sometimes the air conditioner is too cold but the fan works great.


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
 
Posts: 5319 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Can you get by without the golf cart? If so you can easily haul two dragsters and two scooters in a 32 foot space with no front cabinets and the cabinets on the side. This leaves you a little more room for your living quarters.

My black tank and my gray water tank do NOT have a trap, they go straight into the tank. On the black tank this allows you to use a swirling extension on the end of a hose to clean out the tank. A trap would interfere with that. The packets of scent work fine. Perhaps if you had an external cleaning tube that went up into the tank that would allow you to flush the tank.

Be sure and order the trailer with one foot extra height or you’ll be banging your head on the roof in the living quarters. A twelve volt fan works well if you have a place to hang it to keep you cool while you sleep. I built a bracket on the air conditioner to do that. Sometimes the air conditioner is too cold but the fan works great.


Good to know on the tanks.
I'm hanging onto the golf cart right now. My wife just isn't as good on the scooter as I would like. One bump on the head and it could be bad. I just don't feel good about her on it.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Then I would certainly keep the golf cart. My ex wife ran the scooter into the shop so no more scooters for her. LOL

I’m assuming you can raise one dragster up and still keep the cart. Good luck!


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
 
Posts: 5319 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Then I would certainly keep the golf cart. My ex wife ran the scooter into the shop so no more scooters for her. LOL


That may be why she is EX-WIFE.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4062 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Then I would certainly keep the golf cart. My ex wife ran the scooter into the shop so no more scooters for her. LOL


That may be why she is EX-WIFE.


Hopefully not the LATE wife!


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I never found a 53 with the LQ arranged to facilitate 2 dragsters and a Golfcart in the back. They seem to make the LQs too long for that. I'm thinking you need 32 to 34 of clean floor space for 2 dragsters side by side and 8' left over for a golfcart. Dragsters will need to be spindle to rear axle so thats going to be a difficult load situation and likely involve some floor jack work to load up. Add in a generator cabinet and or countertop and the golf cart has to go in the front of the dragsters.

It's possible to do but in a 53', but the LQ can only be 12' feet of the floor. I think millennium and possibly vintage will make one like that, but it may be easier to make your own or special order it.

My 34' Millennium bumper pull had 12' LQ and 22' of box, too short for dragster but perfect for what i was doing with a door car. I never could find a GN with the same LQ lay out. If you could find a 53 with that 12' LQ it would do what you are looking to do but add in generator and cabinets in the shop area and your golfcart has to go in front of the dragsters.
 
Posts: 395 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
I never found a 53 with the LQ arranged to facilitate 2 dragsters and a Golfcart in the back. They seem to make the LQs too long for that. I'm thinking you need 32 to 34 of clean floor space for 2 dragsters side by side and 8' left over for a golfcart. Dragsters will need to be spindle to rear axle so thats going to be a difficult load situation and likely involve some floor jack work to load up. Add in a generator cabinet and or countertop and the golf cart has to go in the front of the dragsters.

It's possible to do but in a 53', but the LQ can only be 12' feet of the floor. I think millennium and possibly vintage will make one like that, but it may be easier to make your own or special order it.

My 34' Millennium bumper pull had 12' LQ and 22' of box, too short for dragster but perfect for what i was doing with a door car. I never could find a GN with the same LQ lay out. If you could find a 53 with that 12' LQ it would do what you are looking to do but add in generator and cabinets in the shop area and your golfcart has to go in front of the dragsters.


Mine fits the Camaro and a three wheeler only . Barely room for a spare eng.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4535 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
I never found a 53 with the LQ arranged to facilitate 2 dragsters and a Golfcart in the back. They seem to make the LQs too long for that. I'm thinking you need 32 to 34 of clean floor space for 2 dragsters side by side and 8' left over for a golfcart. Dragsters will need to be spindle to rear axle so thats going to be a difficult load situation and likely involve some floor jack work to load up. Add in a generator cabinet and or countertop and the golf cart has to go in the front of the dragsters.

It's possible to do but in a 53', but the LQ can only be 12' feet of the floor. I think millennium and possibly vintage will make one like that, but it may be easier to make your own or special order it.

My 34' Millennium bumper pull had 12' LQ and 22' of box, too short for dragster but perfect for what i was doing with a door car. I never could find a GN with the same LQ lay out. If you could find a 53 with that 12' LQ it would do what you are looking to do but add in generator and cabinets in the shop area and your golfcart has to go in front of the dragsters.


I think I need to go full custom


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Gooseneck 53' ideas

© DragRaceResults.com 2024