Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Stewart Wins
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
Guy can drive and win in anything period..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No surprise, he’s a winner!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
His involvement in the NHRA is part of the reason for increased attendance/ interest in the NHRA recently.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Proving he can cut a light too

E1-.032, E2-.048, E3-.037

Like him or not, he is bringing a lot of attention and new sponsors to the sport and that is a good thing

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree.
Curious if he will chase a National championship.
That could increase Lucas Event attendance that he would need to attend for points.
He has the team capable to win the championship.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Renting a proven team does not hurt. Being a A/Fuel car driving not that much to it, If he can smack the throttle close to quick and guy tuning clutch sets few clearances and tunner has motor ramping up quick driving is easy. why you think half of field is rich young girls? As told lil brother get ready to get beat b a girl. LOL

Before the comments start. He did good job , but still Mc Phillips guys did the hard stuff. McPhillips has been out there 30 years running A/fuel. Him and Randy Myers are just badass. Another top tuner Tony Samsuel has put quite a few guys in winner circles too. All three super nice guys and willing to help anyone else out.

Best thing Stewart did was getting with Mc Phillips. Smart move and bound to end up in winners circle.

Glad he came over to the sport and bringing folks in the gate.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not a big Tony Stewart or NASCAR fan but he does bring new sponsorship, spectators and publicity to NHRA so that is a good thing.

He is getting more coverage from NHRA in alcohol class than they have had in a long time. That is good for whole class.

Plus he does have a good team so he should be competitive.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
He sure isn't gonna pick a pack of Newbies!!
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Renting a proven team does not hurt. Being a A/Fuel car driving not that much to it, If he can smack the throttle close to quick and guy tuning clutch sets few clearances and tunner has motor ramping up quick driving is easy. why you think half of field is rich young girls? As told lil brother get ready to get beat b a girl. LOL

Before the comments start. He did good job , but still Mc Phillips guys did the hard stuff. McPhillips has been out there 30 years running A/fuel. Him and Randy Myers are just badass. Another top tuner Tony Samsuel has put quite a few guys in winner circles too. All three super nice guys and willing to help anyone else out.

Best thing Stewart did was getting with Mc Phillips. Smart move and bound to end up in winners circle.

Glad he came over to the sport and bringing folks in the gate.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't expect him to. Just saying not that hard to win with teams like McPillips, Myers or Samsuel. Not taking away from him at all.

As for being newbie team. If aimed at team I work with.I don't think two semi finals in row is all that bad for a team with less than 10 races total and little money. Especailly not with best of 5.25 and best spd of 270 mph. Are we top of field?Nope. Gaining on it.

I am sure Stewart will have man more wins.Like anything racing all it takes is money and he has that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Will he go FC or TF?

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 391T:
Will he go FC or TF?

If he stays with Leah Pruett Stewart who knows. Maybe.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I figure he will stay with her as long as she puts out and figure she will stay as long as he keeps her in a TF ride.JMO

Figure he will go TF if anything. Right now he says he is going to change how Top alcohol cars are treated .Lots of luck is all I can say. Been involved in one way or another for 30 years and they have always gotten the ****ty end of the stick.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I figure he will stay with her as long as she puts out and figure she will stay as long as he keeps her in a TF ride.JMO

Figure he will go TF if anything. Right now he says he is going to change how Top alcohol cars are treated .Lots of luck is all I can say. Been involved in one way or another for 30 years and they have always gotten the ****ty end of the stick.

If he says he is going to change how Alcohol classes are treated good luck with that. NHRA really does not care what any of us say or think.

If I owned NHRA I would look into making the alcohol classes a Pro class.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I love Smoke, but it also just goes to show that you can buy wins in a heads up class.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can buy wins in any class, with enough entry's.

They need a best of all times Super Pro bracket racer with one entry.

I hope I'm not offending anyone but I prefer the one entry BMF.

Old school.

That'll be Scotty Richardson by a large amount.

It's not a promotional title though by current standards, so I doubt it'll ever be promoted in modern times.

Promo's

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I love Smoke, but it also just goes to show that you can buy wins in a heads up class.

That is exactly the way I feel. If he goes Stock Eliminator racing and wins a National event in that,then I will be 100% impressed.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed, there's plenty of people who've come and gone with money, who couldn't win.

I agree with RacerVX54 & Ed, Smoke can win, he's obviously a racer.

Dude wins races, that's impressive like him or not, it's impressive.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you count per entry, that dude has won races at as high a rate, as anyone.

That's impressive money or no money.

Sprint cars, silver crown cup cars, Late models, whatever.

Dude wins.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:

Bro he has won racing since he started as. Child.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do I like Tony Stewart? Fuk, I dunno, I don't know him.

Do I like watching him race? Sure.

I remember when he was bumping heads with David Steele silver crown cup racing ages ago on ESPN Thursday Night Thunder.

They had some battle Royals

Dude finds a way in anything he jumps in, that's impressive.