DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    George Rupert Passes Away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George Rupert Passes Away
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
November 12th Big George passed away.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Willie and the family. Please keep them in mind.

SL...

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
RIP.. George would talk your ear off.. Full of good info.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Here's a good story we wrote on George a few years back.

https://dragraceresults.com/fu...y.cfm?id=4410&type=9

I went to the Las Vegas divisional in 1987, just 2 years out of High School and I'll never forget seeing George and the Instagator roll in chasing the World Championship in Super Gas.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
George came to a big $ weekend at Etown right after winning big out in Michigan. 1982 I think it was. I can't recall if he won again at
Etown but he was the talk of the pits after that big weekend out there.

He said his car got looked at but nothing was found....He had the Corvette at the time

He was one funny guy sometimes and won big back then....and a real good guy and great racer.....became a go to guy for alky carbs for many

R.I.P George

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RIP George!

I ran him at a Bill Mitchell race at Atco in the early 90s and I won. He was not so happy from what I heard
He had some non complimentary words towards me. Lol

I got to know him some and used his carbs. Good guy!
God speed George

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bought an alky set up ( Carb, Pump, Mandrels, By pass ) his complete system in 1992. I had not met him at the time. It was very convenient and complete as I just bolted everything on. After that I knew what to get to make it easy to change any car over to Alky. Then meet George later that year at Moroso. Then realized I meet him at Moroso 2 years before in 1989. He was a character and I mean that as a compliment. His Carbs were sought after so he hade to be mega busy. The winningest players at the time and for a lot of years would only trust Rupert Carbs on their cars. R.I.P. George as you made a huge contribution to the racing community.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I met a young George from, at the time, Gap PA driving a 67-68 Camaro at the old US 30 track at York, PA. Last time I saw him he unloaded his trailer trying to get our mess running right maybe 20 years ago. What a good person. He left his mark on our sport for sure. RIP my friend

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just spent some time reading the DRR story about George. I knew about him but never met him. I did however meet a couple guys from some of the other articles at the bottom of George's article.
In 2000 I went with my friend Al Murawski (r.i.p.)
to the B&M Million All Star footbrake challenge. I felt fortunate to meet Chip Horton, Steve Taylor, and Tim Griffith. I sat at the Eighth mile stripe with Steve as he was my personal announcer, picking winners and telling stories. The race was won by a guy named Doyle Kay in a Nova.
I also got to know Danny Sons and Dale Wilson as well.

Good old days!

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Never did beat George.
At Stanton in '82 George and Labbous raced on Saturday, I'm thinking in the final though. Before the round Labbous told me his tires were worn out, I'd have lent him my tires in a heartbeat but they had a 5" BC and I assumed they wouldn't fit? Didn't think to tell him that?
Sunday I lost to George in the 1/4's and he had a red light and a broken car against him after that.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Spoke with George earlier this year, conversation was always a pleasure and a wealth of knowledge he was! A large contributing force to our sport over so many years!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post