Find
Notify
Tools

SFG
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who won sunday

Posts: 33 | Location: Cooper Tx | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Plastic Man over Dave Triplett

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am so proud of Marshal Grooms aka Plastic Man. When I first started racing he was there every week in his Duster. Always a class act. So a couple of things stand out here, Old guys CAN win, anyone can win, and you don't need to be described as a "Hitter" to win. I am so proud of him......and politically this shows that someone in Washington, DC can get it done!!!!! Congratulations Marshall.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Was it 2 or 3 days that door cars won in the five days of racing?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3 door car winners and I think a door car in every final----

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Door car and dragster in final at all sfg races...they run em seperate until the final round.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I thought it worked that way but they had uneven numbers so I wasn't sure.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why is he called Plastic Man?

We lost 2nd round and watched the race on the ride home. Dave Triplett was the one that took my buddy out.

On Sunday there were 4 dragsters and 3 door cars in the quarter finals.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I've known plastic man since I was a kid and still don't know why they call him that lol. Glad to see him come out on top

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am in the minority here because I have always called him Marshal and I knew him since he started racing way back when. I know that somewhere along the line someone started calling him that and it grew but I never called him that and never new why some did. Super smart, humble, man.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
I've known plastic man since I was a kid and still don't know why they call him that lol. Glad to see him come out on top
Back in the late 90s or early 2000s he used to come up to atco for Joe Sways gamblers races, had Plastic Man on his dragster back then. I thought it was a neat name so I asked him what it meant. Must be a secret because all he said was " It dont mean what you think ". Congratulations Plastic Man!!!

Posts: 35 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post