DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Rules, Rules, Rules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rules, Rules, Rules
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted
Wanted to share what I have been working on in the brand new version of Crew Chief Pro Software.

I designed and added something called "Custom Rules" for Crew Chief #1 formula. As many racers have found out, your race car may not respond to weather changes properly once Relative Humidity, Vapor Pressure, and or Grains of Water hit a certain level. Mine has always been around 105 grains of water and the performance falls off a cliff. These custom rules are designed to automatically adjust to a large volume of water vapor.

I implemented this a while back but didn't tell anyone while it went through testing.
A custom rule allows you to trigger a more aggressive factor when water vapor increases. This will work with Grains Of Water, and Relative Humidity currently.

This will begin on version 2021.1108 and higher.

I recommend beginning with Grains of Water, set at 100, or whatever your car's history dictates. Remember, in order for this rule to work, you must check Grains or Relative Humidity in the formula creation screen.

Those of you frequently involved in night racing know it has always been tough because the water content is so high. This change is for you, try it and see if it helps.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don. Will you be in Pomona?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, Don!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Thanks Don. Will you be in Pomona?

I would love to be, but this year I can't. Next year we will be there for all the ending races, and stay for the winter.

Good luck!

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Good stuff, Don!

Hey, Congrats on your championship!