New
Find
Notify
Tools

Common courtesy
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Okay, first of all I am going to take part of the blame for not getting out of bed and going to ask politely that these folks turn down their music. I know if I were posting this on the Bullet then they would be all over me for being a p——-y and not going to say something.

With that being said, please have some common courtesy and turn your music down. These folks had their music BLARING till 2am in the morning in the pits in Ennis this weekend. Not just one night but two nights. Come on guys, we were probably 100 yards or more away but you succeeded in keeping not only us but several others awake.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Common courtesy, like common sense, Is not so common anymore. Unfortunately.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No doubt. Not at all common today. People can be dip sh1ts all day it seems.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I started wearing earplugs when I stay at the track.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the d!ckhead that works on his car all night and cranks it every 30 minutes also.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
What about the noisy generators? What bugs crap out of me is when they are so loud they can not stand it so they have a long cord and put it on other side of trailer so you have to listen to it. If they can not stand it what the heck makes them think we want to listen to it? For me one of my top requirements is a quiet generator.
You are right what ever happened to common courtesy? Why do we even have to say anything about it? They should know better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Y'all kill me. You go to a noisy racetrack that gets noise complaints from its neighbors and you complain about noise?

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How about the people that walk their dog right in your pit area?

The dog takes a huge crap,and they can't even pick it up?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Okay, first of all I am going to take part of the blame for not getting out of bed and going to ask politely that these folks turn down their music. I know if I were posting this on the Bullet then they would be all over me for being a p——-y and not going to say something.

What kind of music was it. I just want to know because it makes a difference on how much I dislike this post

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NFC:
Don't forget about the d!ckhead that works on his car all night and cranks it every 30 minutes also.

Regardless of Cashflows answer, I still dislike this post more.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
How about the people that walk their dog right in your pit area?

The dog takes a huge crap,and they can't even pick it up?

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
since after 60+ years of racing, concerts, etc I can't hear anything much without my hearing aids it should be quiet when I take them out to go to sleep. But still once in awhile someone has a generator that could wake up the dead--on a long cord the other side of their rig so they can't hear it so much right under my window. It won't run long. Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have same issue as Fern with bad hearing but if my wife happens to go with me and that happens believe me I hear it. She doesn’t go much so that eliminates that issue.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Wait 'till they finally go to sleep (after 2 a.m.) ....... put a hidden remote speaker nearby ...... and play 'Revelly' (sp?) for about an hour!

Party on!

Dave

* quote: ... right under my window. It won't run long. ... lol! Good one, Fern.....

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
years ago before cell phones ,one of my daughters boyfriends started calling around 11 at night. after he didn't heed my warnings I called his house at 530 one morning. was his dad pissed or what? punk never called after 9 after that

Posts: 3 | Location: sc | Registered: April 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep,....been using ear plugs when sleeping at the track for years. No problem.....let them party.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would rather hear the music than some of the generators out there.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The more they party the better your chance at beating them the next day.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To answer your question about what type of music it was a lot of rap, some rock but when I say we were a long ways off we were and it was still loud. I don't care if you party but please be reasonable.

I should have gone over and asked them nicely to turn it down but I'm sure I would have been treated to a nice F--- You!

As far as the noisy generator thing goes I will tell them, please plug into mine. And I get it that we're at a racetrack and it's noisy but after about midnight you need to hold things down a bit.

I will wear my ear plugs next time for sure.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
We're they racing a black S-10?

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post