DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Shocker or Gen Y hitch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shocker or Gen Y hitch?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Has anyone used the Shocker hitch or Gen Y hitch and are they any better? Mine is a fifth wheel 2-5/16 ball but technology is basically same tag trailer or gooseneck. Easy to install? How well do they work?

https://shockerhitch.com/produ...O_P2WF0aAs3dEALw_wcB

https://www.etrailer.com/Goose...8Cqo00UaAhebEALw_wcB

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SHOCKER…

Posts: 1260 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
SHOCKER…

Have you tried the Gen Y? Yours a tag or gooseneck type?
My trailer tows nice and smooth but I am setting up another trailer now would be the time to do it if they are better.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering how much better a gooseneck can possibly tow. It sounds like there must be improvements that can be made. How much difference is there?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I have the shocker hd on a 30 ft bumper pull and feel it made a big difference.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I'm wondering how much better a gooseneck can possibly tow. It sounds like there must be improvements that can be made. How much difference is there?

That is same thing I was wondering, my gooseneck you will forget it is back there. Rough roads, wind lane changes are no problem with gooseneck.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a gen y on a tag setup and I think it works great. I haven’t had a shocker but I did have a different airbag hitch a while back and didn’t like putting air in it…

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have looked at these and they are not a cheap addition. Maybe on the right/wrong roads the goose is overly rough?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Id like to hear more feedback on the Shocker deal. For a bumper pull application. The nations roadways pretty much suck, some border on criminal. Anything that would help "ease the blow" has to be a good thing.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Id like to hear more feedback on the Shocker deal. For a bumper pull application. The nations roadways pretty much suck, some border on criminal. Anything that would help "ease the blow" has to be a good thing.

One of my friends got the Shocker for tag trailer and he really likes it. I am not sure how much it would help a gooseneck though.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have the GenY hitch on the toter and the shocker air bag on the Intech trailer tongue. Super smooth towing, no jerking of the toter with this set up. My T&E stacker has factory tongue and seems to be too much for the Gen Y as it's laying angled down with the stacker on it. Lays flat with smaller Intech on it.

Just got the Gen Y hitch for the toter a couple months ago. Will be making contact with them for some support. Says max tongue weight is 6000 lbs and max trailer weight 32,000 on it. Wondering if any adjustments exist for this unit.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post