DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Buying a race car out of Canada
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a race car out of Canada
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Thinking about buying a door car that is in Canada. The owner said he has a carrier the can handle all paperwork and shipping. Anyone have experience with this in the past year or so with all the crap going on ? It's a tube chassis car and I don't know if there is a title.

Posts: 23 | Location: P.A. | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Living in Oregon I have friends who have both bought and sold cars across the border.

Most of the time the sale goes through very smoothy but things can and do turn badly very quickly. If the owner misrepresents the car or it is not what you want, it is very hard to return it or get your money back.

If you use a shipper make sure you can refuse the delivery and get your money back. I would also look into a holding company to handle the payment to the buyer.

The only safe way is to meet the owner on this side of the border with the car and bring the money.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:

The only safe way is to meet the owner on this side of the border with the car and bring the money.

There is your answer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like him crossing the border into USA can't happen yet, wich is what I'd rather do. I'll look into the holding company ideas.

Posts: 23 | Location: P.A. | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bought a Don Davis Corvette from Canada a few years ago. Very easy for the buyer, the seller does everything. He delieved it to me just over the border at a city in Montana. The USA doesn't care about delivery. Easy!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What part of Canada im right at the border and I can cross both ways if you need something checked

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Quebec. Looks like that covers a lot of territory. I'll get more info on where it is. I appreciate the offer. The guy seams like a good guy, but hate to spend that kind of money without seeing it.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
pm me the information...i know everyone up that way so if i dont know them i can find out...if its in the luskville or napierville dragway i got you

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post