DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dominon Raceway - again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominon Raceway - again
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Heard some interesting information today concerning the dragstrip that has not been built yet at Dominion Raceway.

The information was that the ownership of Dominion Raceway has been given a deadline of the end of August, 2019 to have the drag strip operational by the mortgage/investment holder(s). They went on to state that funds were provided in the original funding for the facility for a dragstrip and that the replacement of the previous dragstrip operation was an instrumental reason for the funding's approval.
Sounds to me like the lawyers are getting involved in this now.
Anyone else hear this information or anything similar?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nope but I was at a wedding and a roundy round racer that races there said he didn't think it would ever be built. Who knows. Looks like a nice round track though.

Posts: 6236 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
That's the normal consensus around here too. I had hopes after spending some time talking to the guy who was supposed to be the drag strip director/manager. They were moving earth and dropping reclaimed asphalt plus he was pumped up about some progress but that was over two years ago now and nothing else has happened that I know of other than street legal arm-drop runs on the front straight of the road course.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My motor builder is right up the road in Ladysmith. He also says nothing happening.

Posts: 6236 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post