DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Are Cds really paying 4.1% FDIC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Cds really paying 4.1% FDIC?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
Seen alot of adds.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Yes they are.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
When you think they will capp

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
When you think they will capp
?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Online savings accounts are up to 4.25% and higher. I have seen 4.85% and all these are FDIC insured....
No CD and no big amount required
A US Treasury Ibond pays a formula based on the inflation rate. It was nearly 7% but has dropped.
I'm still getting the higher rate on mine until August
It gets reviewed every 6 months
10 grand limit but you can use various family names and 10 grand for each
Can't touch the money for 1 year
After 1 year, 3 months loss of interest if you take it before 5 years...

Do some research and it's very easy to get your $ earning good interest...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
My local credit union has 9 month CD for 5%, $2500 minimum and has to be new money, not moved from an existing account

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Treasury bonds higher than that

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Online savings accounts are up to 4.25% and higher. I have seen 4.85% and all these are FDIC insured....
No CD and no big amount required

This^^^ from Marcus aka Goldman Saks, Amex, Capital One and others. My son and I have accounts with Amex, he’s working towards a black card invitation. Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My local bank called me the other day offering 5.25%

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot, black card, that’s comedy

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12283 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My FDIC insured money market is 4.25%.
I don't see any big stock market gains until the "Big Guy" leaves.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
My FDIC insured money market is 4.25%.
I don't see any big stock market gains until the "Big Guy" leaves.

Serious stock gains are only for members of Congress, silly peon. Cool

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
4.5% here. I remember in 1987 you could get 10% on a CD.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Me too had several

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My son has been looking at CD's for his college money. He's got next year covered with this summer's work included, and probably won't need $15k or so of his savings until his sr year. Damn I was not that responsible with money at his age. Nice time to get into CD's though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6401 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post