Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Stewart DQ
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
For what exactly?

The ladder was shuffled around after the tech department found a part out of tolerance on Tony Stewart's dragster and he was disqualified for the event.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Supposedly some sort of un approved ignition part. My guess was some sort of traction control device like a Arc module or something similar.
Whatever it is NHRA did not like it to boot him from the event

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I believe he was leading the points in Alcohol Dragster and him getting DQ may have gave Julie Nataas a bye run in first round?

In any case that should should shake up the points for the season.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They took the magneto’s
Not to spec

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4516 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Tony Stewart was simply renting the ride. I do not know if he had any idea something was not right.

He knows now though.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Being a rent a ride All Tony does is get in the car and hit the gas when he is told.
What sucks for him is the whole racing world will hear how Tony Stewart got Disqualified from the event and in all actuality he had nothing to do with it

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Being a rent a ride All Tony does is get in the car and hit the gas when he is told.
What sucks for him is the whole racing world will hear how Tony Stewart got Disqualified from the event and in all actuality he had nothing to do with it

I agree with that, Tony Stewart PROBABLY did not know anything about it but we do not know that for sure.

I do not hold it against him because I am assuming it was a hired ride and he did not know.

Wonder if it (what ever it was) was a performance advantage or something simple not approved brand NHRA sponsored name part.

I am going to give him benefit of doubt and assume it was not a performance advantage and Tony Stewart did not know about it.

If that is true sad that he had an opportunity to win Championship and lose it to this.

Still those are the rules and apparently they were broken so he has to suffer the consequences.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
If they can show this has been on the car all year the DQ should be retroactive to all events!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
If he was a 18yo kid from a rich family buying a ride with nothing to lose I'd believe the he's innocent deal. He's a motorsports veteran and is aware there is rule bending. somewhere along the way one would think he had enough interest to ask the car owner/tuner if it's legit or not.

Posts: 1468 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
From Competition Plus:

"NHRA has disqualified motorsports icon Tony Stewart from the Betway NHRA Carolina Nationals citing what they describe as unapproved ignition parts on the McPhilips Racing Top Alcohol Dragster he pilots. The infraction was discovered during a post-run inspection.

Because of the nature of parts found to be in violation, NHRA has only removed Stewart from competition. Zero points will be awarded, per the NHRA rulebook.

McPhillips issued a statement on Saturday afternoon.

“McPhillips Racing prides itself in being honorable in all of our racing competition. Prior to Tony (Stewart’s) Round 1 of eliminations at the Carolina Nationals, NHRA confiscated the magnetos on Tony’s Top Alcohol dragster. It was brought to our attention that the magnetos, which we had purchased used from another team, were found to not be within NHRA’s tolerance. The part had been unknowingly modified prior to us purchasing it. The part is not required to be certified in our Top Alcohol category.

“We regret that Tony was unable to compete in the Carolina Nationals due
to this violation. The team is solely owned by McPhillips, and Tony has no say in the purchase of parts. McPhillips Racing accepts full responsibility, and going forward, we will be more vigilant in inspecting and testing used parts that we purchase.”

Stewart came into the NHRA Carolina Nationals in first place of the Top Alcohol Dragster division following his Top Alcohol victory last weekend in Reading, Pa."

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Soooo who was the team they "bought" the parts from???? I'd think they have enough money that they don't buy used parts at this level of racing.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I doubt he knew and only because his hands are full with the fuel team. That’s the current tad car owner/ crew chiefs deal. All in all probably not that big of a deal.
He will still run fast and win without it.

Guess we’ll see?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4516 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Sounds like NHRA techs went right to his Magnetos and took them.

Why?

If they bought parts from another team was that team cheating?

Why did NHRA choose to inspect Tony Stewart?

Did someone tip them off?

What team was it?

Did that team have something to gain if Stewart was out?

The plot sickens....

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is from NHRA's Top Alcohol dragster rules:

MAGNETOS
Maximum two magnetos; two spark plugs per cylinder, not to
exceed 44 amps per magneto. Magnetos limited to the following
models: MSD Pro Mag Systems, 12 or 20 amp, 8109, 8139, 8149,
7908, 7910, 7915, 7916, 8150, 8160; MSD Pro Mag Systems, 44
amp, 8130, 8140; Mallory Super Mag Series 3, 4, 6, 7, 11.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2568 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
there is rule on how hot mags can be. I guess someone missed it and installed a little more oomph. While not the biggest TS fan I will say he has no hands on and it is all on McPghillip's team.It does make a huge difference in a class where keeping all eight candles lit to other end is biggect challenge. Well according to Pops and those who know who that is will see the humor in it all.

A mag 44 can be pumped up a pretty good amount from 44 amps and there is a limit as to how much over you are allowed to go.

There is more to the story but will let it play out w/o spreading rumors.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4197 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well since your kid races TAD and if your truly in the know, then you would not be spreading rumors just facts

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't see where he said he's in the know or why his kid running TAD would make him aware of anything going on in the Stewart camp....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
My brother runs TAD. I do clutch and we both tune the car. I do know quite a few fact on the topic, but I do not know both sides or all details.

I do have doubt about McPhillips buying used parts,since a lot of us buy parts from them. With all the help they give other teams,us included. I do not think they would have ordered hot mags. I do know they have been popped for running China Nitro, which they did also sale to those of us in need. I know where it came from too and that guy bought a ral car full of it. Hey 30 a gallon vs 54 for Sunoco at the time. Sonco has now dropped its price and NHRA is even giving a 150-a-barrel rebate to make it easier on all to buy Sonoco which is only Nitro allowed in competition.Our barrel this weekend came in at 1500 for 42 gal, and Gainsville was 2200 for 42 gal. Just for info anything over 42 and Homeland Security could come knocking and this includes the big boys even JFR size.

Sorry guys I gave you all the info I feel comfortable with on the Tony Stewart deal. I do not believe he had any idea. Again never been big fan of his. Also not into shyt slinging thing as I do not own shyt proof suit.

Posts: 4197 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If my kid race TAD it will be two surprises. First is the kid part and I do not know his momma and if no twin toes he is not mine.LMAO