This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/5147094186

August 05, 2018, 09:09 AM
Richard Hammond
Chris McGaha protesting Elite Motorsports
https://www.facebook.com/NHRA/...Ag4d5U8pZRmW7YAea-8I
August 05, 2018, 09:37 AM
Big Steve
McGaha is still butt hurt about his crew chief leaving and going over to Elite a few years back. He was publically very pissed off about it when it happened.
Looks like Elite is in his head at the cost of 2K LOL
August 05, 2018, 09:55 AM
bradsc1954
What is 2k for what those teams spend in a weekend. Probably doesn't cover the fuel bill for the generators for the weekend.

IF you look at some of the posts on the elite facebook page he is in their heads as much as they are in his. Least he manned up and put his money where is mouth is. Could have been a whiner and called them cheaters and just run his mouth.
August 05, 2018, 10:04 AM
Eman
It's available to every team willing to do it. He had enough balls to do it.
August 05, 2018, 10:56 AM
Big Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
It's available to every team willing to do it. He had enough balls to do it.

But he chose Elite and not KB racing who is in the front of the pack week in and week out. This was personal
August 05, 2018, 02:16 PM
I.P. Dailey
McGaha says on tv that Richard Freeman told in 2015 that they were using illegal fuel and he waits 3 years to protest?
August 05, 2018, 03:03 PM
victo
protest was for cubic inches- he must have heard something on the interwebs lmao

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion
August 05, 2018, 03:06 PM
Richard Hammond
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
McGaha says on tv that Richard Freeman told in 2015 that they were using illegal fuel and he waits 3 years to protest?

Not only that but if you were cheating would you tell your competitors what you were actually doing?
August 05, 2018, 06:05 PM
jenavet
we gotta get koffel and the dodge boys back out there
August 05, 2018, 10:00 PM
Curly1
I do not have a problem with it and I am already tired of hearing about it like it is some kind of big deal. Seems like some were trying to create drama. Look, I think it is a good thing they can protest if they think something is wrong and it helps to keep everyone legit.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
August 06, 2018, 12:34 AM
60 falcon
Who has the most to lose if caught cheating? I'm no fan of Jeggie but he would never put himself in that position it would kill the family business and all they do for the sport, that would be the last person I would protest.

sammy mathis
August 06, 2018, 07:36 AM
329L
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
we gotta get koffel and the dodge boys back out there

For the win....

Jeremiah Hall
August 06, 2018, 10:14 AM
sc4087
They all cheat. It's just a matter of catching them

Mike Greene

August 06, 2018, 10:32 AM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
They all cheat. It's just a matter of catching them

Mike, it’s not cheating, it’s how you interpretate the rules and how they rule on your interpretation.. Shake head Red Card

Raceless in California!
August 06, 2018, 10:38 AM
Big Steve
Its not cheating unless you get caught.....
August 06, 2018, 12:06 PM
J Marcum
An office colleague of mine who campaigns a dirt modified says "If they don't check for it, it's not a rule."
August 06, 2018, 03:25 PM
Canted Valve
quote:
"If they don't check for it, it's not a rule."

There ya go. Put the burden on the sanctioning body where it belongs, after all it's their rules. Just like doping in sports, if everyone else is doing it and the sanctioning body is allowing it, even if by default, you can't win unless less you're a better doper.

Illegitimi non carborundum
August 06, 2018, 06:41 PM
bradsc1954
I don't think NHRA would have said anything publicly if they were cheating. NHRA has to much to lose. But if the Elite cars are slow in Brainard. They I would suspect something was found.
August 06, 2018, 07:25 PM
Richard Hammond
quote:
Originally posted by bradsc1954:
I don't think NHRA would have said anything publicly if they were cheating. NHRA has to much to lose. But if the Elite cars are slow in Brainard. They I would suspect something was found.

This hole statement makes zero sense at all. What does NHRA have to lose? And why would NHRA allow Elite to still cheat at a national event when they were all torn down interviewed on national TV?
August 06, 2018, 08:22 PM
Mopar Traitor
Cheating or not I still miss ole Darrell Alderman....