DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Looks like Ed’s boy pulls it out
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Ed’s boy pulls it out
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Chris has the bye to the final tomorrow at the Maple Grove National event. His good season continues. A short field of cars due to the quota and the weather and I hope he wins it.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Chris has the bye to the final tomorrow at the Maple Grove National event. His good season continues. A short field of cars due to the quota and the weather and I hope he wins it.

Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Chris!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4006 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

They got S/C all run except the finals??
I don't remember ever seeing that happen except in Comp which is always a dozen or less cars.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
All national events are run so all sportsman classes are down to semis on Saturday. They run between the Pros later in the day on Sunday. If everything goes as planned the sportsman finals are run before the pros. You see all of this with All Access including the winner interviews. Quota was 55 cars in S/C. Ended up at 46 cars due to wet pits, weather forecast etc. Maple Grove is well known for its big grass field pit area turning into a mud mess with a lot of rain. It was a mess, I saw pictures from yesterday. I was entered, withdrew due to weather and not feeling well lately.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So he has a bye into the semi's today....when you said the finals I thought they had got all done Saturday except the finals......

Big difference...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
He had the bye TODAY in the semis....

He lost the final to Mike Robilloto a short time ago.

Chris broke out a few thou......the slow top end, don't look cost him....Mike was slow....hurt engine...

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lost to the #1 guy

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And he got FS1 air time.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
....and Chris is now #1...looks like a dog fight to the finish

Posts: 19 | Location: florida | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
S

First bye to the final I ever had and the throttle cable brakes in the burnout, luckily was able to backup and put it in the beams and take the tree to win the round. Idled back to the pits where Jeff Kundratic and I thrashed to rethread the end of the cable and reset full throttle but I had to dial off a Saturday run and forgot to put a little extra in the stop for lifting on that run. I was on the brakes but a little too late because Mike is usually right there with a 90 or a 91, I guess I need more of a swivel in my neck like an owl. The extra 20 points for the win would of been nice but it is what it is. Still have 2 more races to better 2 2nd rd losses.

Posts: 30 | Location: Delaware | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Chris.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4006 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
We're pulling for you Chris.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Got to pull for you with name like that.

I do have question for . Chris why the heck are your running those airplane wheels and do you need another set?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You did great Chris and it’s not easy being way out there in front going way slower than your opponent. Even an Owl would have trouble seeing out behind him like that and trying to close it up. Good luck at the last 2 races.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
good job and good luck Chris!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Got to pull for you with name like that.

I do have question for . Chris why the heck are your running those airplane wheels and do you need another set?

Years ago I put them on my old 92 quay solid car and had 7 lights within 7 thou of each other, also because you have to slow the car down anyway but they actually start the clocks quicker to eat up a little time. We don't need a running start like other categories. One other reason is they ride and steer easier. Wheels and tires or just tires? I have the aerospace wheels on mine, I have one spare set now but they quit making them around 2000 I think. Hard to find tires without cracking in them. They make real airplane tires for Cessnas the same size in 130mph and 165mph, but I like the Goodyears. If you want send me some pics to cdg1991@verizon.net and what your looking to get for them. One other reason is I like to be different, people say I'm a half bubble off anyway. Little wheel, flowmaster mufflers, top end stop, the list goes on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris701,

Posts: 30 | Location: Delaware | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chris I like the mufflers, they look like flomasters for a 69 chevelle lol.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Chris, ever think of putting mirrors on the car? I used to use `em on the old car I ran. Helped a bunch!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Absolutely nothing wrong with being different...love the half bubble saying!

Your doing a good job and your in a good spot, good luck on your efforts to complete the season!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post