DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Duramax repair in Midland TX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duramax repair in Midland TX
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of RUROY
posted
Wondering if anyone lives in this area and knows a good place to get my duramax worked on. Lost boost and the boots look ok, think it may be the turbo. Just sold my home of 29 yrs in SoCal and heading to my new (to me) place in middle Tennessee. Towing my enclosed with race car and many personal items since the movers won’t arrive for a couple weeks. Limped it to a hotel now I need to get it fixed. My wife and dog are with me. There are plenty of shops, just hoping someone has some local favorite. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5 | Location: Location Location | Registered: April 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Try:

All American Chevrolet, 4100 West Wall Street, Midland. (432) 253-3552

Bob

Posts: 3127 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of RUROY
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. They’re on my list of places to call. I wish they opened before 8:30.
I see Barona finally had to shut down, “tribal covid lockdown”. Hopefully they’ll be racing again soon. Roy

Posts: 5 | Location: Location Location | Registered: April 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What year dmax? No fuel, no boost. Did you try a fuel filter?

Also, what part of middle TN are you headed to?

Posts: 943 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of RUROY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BJs Wild Ride:
What year dmax? No fuel, no boost. Did you try a fuel filter?

Also, what part of middle TN are you headed to?

It’s an 04 1/2 LLY with Banks 6 gun. New filter last week. 130K miles. Shows turbocharger code with HF scanner. No boost. I can hear what sounds like exhaust leak around turbo and can smell exhaust while driving (limping). Also threw maf sensor code 90 miles into trip. Cleared it and kept going & it never came back. (Except to bite me) Headed to Cookeville.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If your going to Tennessee then get it towed to XCALIBER DIESEL....

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of RUROY
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. My son reached out on Facebook & found a few techs here that are also racers. The band clamp for the turbo housings broke causing them to separate. Hopefully there’s no vane damage. Thank you Codyy Cloyd for sending Brandon to the rescue.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Greg Lair GMC
Talk to Terry

Sorry I was late getting in, also watch the silicone clamps at the intercooler. They pop! Sounds like a blowout when it comes off.,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4563 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post