DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Spring Fling Million
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Fling Million
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Who's planning on racing the Spring Fling Million race(s), Apr. 2-6, 2024.

My plans are still up in the air if I'm going to run any of the races.

I have numerous people wanting me to enter. I think the car is coming along set-up wise, but not where it needs to be yet. As for the driver, I think I'm doing better than the car, but I'm not where I need to be yet.

I really wanted to have the car painted before entering, but I've been too busy racing it to get it done.

https://www.bracketraces.com/e...ring-fling-vegas.php

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Three $30k for $690 is a good entry price even if by back is omitted. If unable to afford the million, spend the day doing something else, its Vegas. That’s how I’d attend if I could. Glad it’s broadcast on the web, I’m watching!

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Three $30k for $690 is a good entry price even if by back is omitted. If unable to afford the million, spend the day doing something else, its Vegas. That’s how I’d attend if I could. Glad it’s broadcast on the web, I’m watching!

To anyone that comes to the Spring Fling Million or would like to attend. Based on my 4 attendances of the race(s), I skipped the million 1 time. That was the worst thing I could have done. The 1st 3 races I attended I had to enter the million (Spring Fling rules) to run the Pro Class. I think that was changed post COVID. Anyway, 2021 I skipped racing the million & as somewhat stated earlier, it was a big mistake!

I know many that come to this race don't come to race the million. Once you race it, you don't want to not race it; I found that out by experience.

Racing the million race(s) really ups your game for bracket racing; you have to race better opponents to be a better opponent! The Spring Fling Million has made me a better bracket racer by attending, learning & buying into the race(s) (thanks to my financial backer's).

Regardless, this race(s) should be on every bracket racer's bucket list. Experience all the races, it's worth it in the long run! Wink

This is where I'm at in my plans for the 2024 race(s). I was going to attend to race the (3) 30K's, then for some of the reasons above. It will be all or nothing if I attend.

2BKING hopes the above provides some insight into the Spring Fling Million experience!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our plan is to race all races at the Spring Fling Million. The wife & I discussed that my driving has been very good. Plus, the cars tune-up/suspension is working like I want it to. This last weekend was my deadline to decide on the race. While I've been making a few mistakes along the way, I have the confidence to go forward.

Now, there's a few things that have to happen before the race:

I ordered new rocker arms (T&D) to replace the fatigued rockers I have. Hopefully they arrive in time.

While I have new Hoosier tires. The M/T PBR's are working so well; I'm going to purchase a new set for the race.

Finally, I have an ECU not connected error that came up Sun. morning when warming up the car. Then got the same message today when moving the car into the shop. Both times it has happen the car was cold & the fix was a hard reboot by pulling power to the ECU. I'm going to check/clean all power/ground connections & all EFI connectors.

2BKING & that's where I'm at.
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I will be there with my brand new dragster. The only thing that is not new is the engine which has about 60 passes since new and I did race Vegas Fling with it so I have tuning data.

I am trusting that Russ and Racetech has the suspension dialed in so I don't ecxpect any issues there. But, it is a race car and we all know shyt happens.. Worst case scenario I am in Vegas away from the non stop rain we've had in the PNW since November....

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I will be there with my brand new dragster. The only thing that is not new is the engine which has about 60 passes since new and I did race Vegas Fling with it so I have tuning data.

I am trusting that Russ and Racetech has the suspension dialed in so I don't ecxpect any issues there. But, it is a race car and we all know shyt happens.. Worst case scenario I am in Vegas away from the non stop rain we've had in the PNW since November....

2BKING Likes!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Race car front-end alignment & two new M/T PBRs tomorrow.

Getting the last few things done maintenance wise & get all the rocker arms replaced. Then, we have a TnT & points race the 29 & 30th of this month.

Parking for the Spring Fling Million is on Apr. 1st!

2BKING TTT
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This will be the first one I've missed in several years....... Didn't think of that

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
I`ll be there with "The `Bird" again. Single entered the Million for now, will probably double enter. Might as well, probably my only race this season...

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 160 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well for all lets hope this ridiculous weather here stops. The even this weekend has been nothing but cold wind and rain since the get go. Not sure we are gonna get it in at all and like the fling people come from all over the country and Canada to come to it

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
I`ll be there with "The `Bird" again. Single entered the Million for now, will probably double enter. Might as well, probably my only race this season...

Lane,

Are you racing the Pro Class or S/Pro?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Super Pro

lane weber

Posts: 160 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We are preparing for the annual trip west. Always a good time!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Will be good to see you again Chris!

lane weber

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Last year we missed the Million race(s) due to my dad's health & passing. This year our 12.5-year-old German Sheppard (Gibbs), is not doing well & looking like we may have to put him down.

I'm still planning to race, but we are kind of taking things a day at a time now. Racing might take the back burner again.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is supposed to be the start of registration/parking for the Spring Fling. Some, including me got to stay parked in the pits after the TnT Fri. They were also opening parking today for others, then resume again tomorrow.

I'm going in the morning to check over the car & check valve lash; going to register also. I'll probably go ahead & stay at the track the rest of the week.

Hope others have found their way to Vegas safely & of course the ones still travelling.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Live Coverage link here - DRR HOME PAGE

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
We are preparing for the annual trip west. Always a good time!

Doubt if y’all are staying for NHRA?
Good luck!
I’ll be watching.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4506 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1st 30K tomorrow!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
The Hough kid defeated Garrett Griffith in the American Race Cars shoot out last night. This was a repeat win from last year.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post