New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Compressors
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking to buy a 175 PSi with @20 gallon tank. Any ideas on McGraw or Fortress brands.

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I got a 20 gallon/175psi Kobalt several years ago. Use it most every day, zero issues.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine bought the Fortress Ultra Quiet and it is very nice and quiet. His is the smaller one.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have owned a Speedaire 135 psi 20 gallon compressor for more than 50 years, I use it numerous times a week, it has never failed.

Two years ago one of my neighbors moved to St. Louis and sold me his brand new very quiet Craftsman 165 psi, 20 gallon upright compressor and a never used new 4500 watt generator for $200. The deal was too good to pass so I bought them as an investment. Both are excellent compressors but after 50 years of service the Speedaire was a great purchase.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A friend has the California air tools quiet compressor in his shop and it is pretty quiet.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5313 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
A friend has the California air tools quiet compressor in his shop and it is pretty quiet.

The newest ones are more quiet than a Honda generator. Standing right next to it.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post