DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "New" track added to NHRA roster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"New" track added to NHRA roster
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wild Horse Pass lives...for a while, anyway.

https://dragillustrated.com/wi...dford-racing-school/

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fivecentcharlie:

I read it's for the driving schools use only. Nothing was mentioned about being an NHRA track. New or otherwise

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Dave dont be a negative nelly, give them a chance to announce what there plans are.
It is something positive in what has been a string of negative announcements. The Indians are not longer running the facility any longer, that in its self is a huge positive

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Indians are not longer running the facility any longer, that in its self is a huge positive

That in itself is very strange....Did this driving school guy have more money than NHRA? I can't believe this kind of agreement/deal was made in the short time the track was "shut down for good" Maybe the Indians just wanted NHRA/dragracers out so they could lease it to the driving school....
Negative nelly.. Laughing Hard ...just asking questions

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Who cares what the reason is, its staying open. Let all just wait and see what they do with the place going forward

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Who cares what the reason is, its staying open. Let all just wait and see what they do with the place going forward

Well....I kinda care....Only to the extent that is it ever going to be a regularly operated dragstrip again? Not being bulldozed doesn't mean it's "staying open" to the public (us)

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

I read it's for the driving schools use only. Nothing was mentioned about being an NHRA track. New or otherwise

My understanding is the dragstrip will remain open because that is one of their schools.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

My understanding is the dragstrip will remain open because that is one of their schools.

Not trying to be an ass here honest.....Open for school use or open for weekend bracket races is my question...

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Attention Dave. The second paragraph noted. "This strategic partnership ensures that all tracks at the park, including the NHRA sanctioned drag strip will remain open and actively contribute to the growth of Radford Racing. To me that says that all the facilities will function as they have in the past to contribute to Radfords future. Which if run properly it's more money in their pocket.

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hope you're correct Bob......If they had just said the race tracks will continue as they have in the past I wouldn't be wondering what "actively contribute to the growth of Radford Racing" means exactly....
Why the complete change-over of owners/management if it going to stay the same....

I guess all I/we can do is wait and see....

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave To insure the property is going to continue to be a total racing facility I (Radford Racing) would rather have cars and boats racing and students at my driving school than amazon trucks and trailers parking or houses and apartments next to my livelihood. Just saying

Posts: 148 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Now that they have reached an agreement hopefully they will clarify and make public their plans soon.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, speaking of tracks, how has racing been at Barona??

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With the parachute I have right now I can't stop there Mike. I did rework the chute mount to get it further out/back from the tires and more at a 45* angle pointed up. Hopefully, it gets up in the wind to hit quicker. I'll see at the Bakersfield race next month. I was hoping to make a few runs at Irwindale but I walked their return road and I don't see my dragster making those turns and dips..

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One of the employees of Radford is Chuck Sundstrom, who is a former drag strip track manager at Wild Horse. They have Josh Edwards also and if any kind of racing were to be open to the public these two can make it happen.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 1006 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, hope to see you next month

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12297 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike, are you staying out there? If so lets do dinner or something

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea. If I come up on Friday I’ll take you to a great steakhouse. It’s a cattle auction but they have a restaurant that’s only open on Fridays from 5-9pm

L8R, Mike