DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    More NHRA schedule updates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More NHRA schedule updates
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Since you are in my neck of the woods. Any new news on RT 66? NOBODY knows nothing.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Since you are in my neck of the woods. Any new news on RT 66? NOBODY knows nothing.

All I have "heard " is that they are done.

Hope it eventually turns out to be a false rumor,but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With that date it will be as hot as Phoenix. Yikes!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
442, here ya go..

NHRA and Auto Club Raceway have announced July 30 – Aug. 1 as the rescheduled date of the 61st annual Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com.

The Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals, which traditionally kicks off the NHRA season, was postponed due to state health guidelines in California. NHRA and the track have worked very closely with state and local officials to find a new date for the event and are confident that the new date will allow more fans to attend the famed race.

“We are very excited to have the Winternationals back on our schedule,” said Kasey Coler, NHRA vice president of Track Management and Operations. “The Winternationals is a historic event, and we’re thrilled to be returning to Pomona.”

NHRA and Pacific Raceways in Kent, Wash., have come to the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals. “NHRA needed to make a decision to move forward to allow teams and touring staff time for travel preparations,” said Glen Cromwell, NHRA president.

Though Washington State recently announced a lessening of its COVID-19 restrictions, there is still uncertainty about what rules could impact the event. “Although what we heard yesterday was encouraging for our state, the path for large events in 2021 is still not clear,” said John Ramsey, general manager of Pacific Raceways. “An event like this requires a lot of advance planning. We needed assurance from the state and county that we could run an event of this size without any restrictions, but we were unable to get a guarantee. Fans of the Flav-R-Pack NHRA Northwest Nationals deserve confidence in the event dates and experience. We will be 100% ready for the series to come back July 29-31, 2022.”

The Winternationals will take the original slotted date of the Northwest Nationals and now conclude the annual NHRA Western Swing. Teams will saddle up for a three-race series from the mountains of Denver to wine country of Sonoma and finally to sunny Southern California of Auto Club Raceway at Pomona.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pomona rumors that they were done were only rumors. I'm surprised but happy they are running the Winternationals (scratched), Springnationals (scratched), Summernational's (not scratched yet)!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Pomona rumors that they were done were only rumors. I'm surprised but happy they are running the Winternationals (scratched), Springnationals (scratched), Summernational's (not scratched yet)!

Totally agree!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So will the finals now be switched back to Pomona from Vegas?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
We had too many to count D7 cars at the Tx Motorplex Double Divisional this past weekend. I talked to one of the guys running SST. He said maybe September before they could race in Cali. Damn they had to do some traveling to race with us.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
So will the finals now be switched back to Pomona from Vegas?

Saw that Blue Truck!

They say they are running but the Fairplex is shut down and online says closed.. Guess we will see. Who would ever think 7-8 hours is in our back yard or home track? They can run a motorcycle show but they cant run a sportsman race? They never advertise anyway! Hell Sac advertises and packs the place!

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Blue Truck, that is a idiot! Tracks are running every weekend in California

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Some major vaccination locations like Dodger stadium and the Fairgrounds are closing real soon. This explains why NHRA must have the green lite for July for the Winter N. Still no word on Fontana.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

Should have said no racing in Southern Cal. Don't think that makes him an idiot though.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm lost as far as a schedule as of 5/17...

Is there a West coast schedule of races set for this year? I can't keep up...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

Regan is correct.
We have not had one NHRA event in Ca. We lost Sonoma for all events except for the Nats coming up. Sac has had shows and a NO 6/5. Bakersfield has had testing and some club events. No Fontana, Redding has had some bracket racing. Hand writing is on the wall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!