New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carburetor adapter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
4500 Sbc intake 4150 APD Carburetor There is varies of manufacture that make them What do you guys feel that works the best for air and fuel flow

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not think you would ever be able to find any difference between any of them as you are going from a smaller carb to larger intake opening.
I would just look for one that is machined and not made out of the cheap cast.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I used an Edelbrock 8716 to put my 850 (4150) carb on my Dominator manifold, in an attempt to slow the car 0.5 and it worked well. Summit had it on the shelf then, now showing backordered until late December, but they have a Trans-Dapt P/N 2381 in stock that would do the same job. Edelbrock part is $84, TD is $68. Both include gaskets, TD gives you studs that may or may not work for your setup. My Ed part did not, but I could tell package had been opened before, so maybe they do come with them? Neither includes bolts & nuts to mount the carb on the adapter.
If you are not close to a speed shop or hardware store, make sure you have an assortment of 5/16" studs, nuts, washers & bolts on hand. Several stud kits available & cheap.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I made my own that works fine.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post