Find
Notify
Tools

UNSAFE LANE CHANGE
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I hate to be THAT guy but...
There have been a good number of nasty wrecks this year one of them i lost a good freind,and they all seem to be the same scenario.One racer is making a good run in their own lane and the other competitor looses control and comes plowing into them.
Well i was watching pdra this weekend and there is a particular competitor who just seems to be consistantly all over the track and almost always ends up in the other lane.When he used to run in our series up north we all used to be afraid to stage up against him it was that bad.

My question is why hasnt pdra noticed this and maybe pulled him aside and warned him to pull it together? maybe a bigger question is why havent the other competitors complained? like i said i hate to be THAT guy but that wreck up here has definitely traumatized alot of people.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Some say that the safety rules are written in blood. However, some others say that safety rules are written in "green" ($). Who stands to profit from a new rule that merely protects the participants from harm? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
There have been a good number of nasty wrecks this year one of them i lost a good freind,and they all seem to be the same scenario.One racer is making a good run in their own lane and the other competitor looses control and comes plowing into them.
Well i was watching pdra this weekend and there is a particular competitor who just seems to be consistantly all over the track and almost always ends up in the other lane.When he used to run in our series up north we all used to be afraid to stage up against him it was that bad.

My question is why hasnt pdra noticed this and maybe pulled him aside and warned him to pull it together? maybe a bigger question is why havent the other competitors complained? like i said i hate to be THAT guy but that wreck up here has definitely traumatized alot of people.

So you used to run him and knew he was dangerous. Are asking why others do not say or do anything about him?

Did you say or do anything about him?

There are some people who simply should not be in a race car. One thing to be a bad driver and never win, it is another to be crashing a lot and destroying others stuff. Do not know who makes that determination and what power they have to do so.

While I do not know who you are talking about or the wreck(s) in question I am curious to know more about it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4036 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
This is why I feel tech is important. To make sure my car and my opponents car meet the minimum requirements for the speed they go and are safe to go down the track. That we have AND USE the proper safety gear and that pieces aren't falling off to cause myself or my opponent to wad our **** up.

As far as driver competence, that is another story. There are more than a few who drive WAY over their heads. I believe the HRA's have a licensing procedure to weed out those less capable but it is just a money grab for them and tracks don't check or care.

Nowadays, as long as you pay your entry fee, you can race.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
There's not much of an option when you get paired with an idiot.
If you refuse to stage up, you just send him to the next round. Now if ALL the drivers in the same class stand behind you when you refuse to stage, you might get action.....
or y'all refuse to pay entry until you know the WLFT isn't going to be participating except as an exhibition or T & T until said racer can display a few hot A to B runs.

Maybe if the pits were full of race rigs that only paid spectator admission, someone would wonder why?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomR:
This is why I feel tech is important. To make sure my car and my opponents car meet the minimum requirements for the speed they go and are safe to go down the track. That we have AND USE the proper safety gear and that pieces aren't falling off to cause myself or my opponent to wad our **** up.

As far as driver competence, that is another story. There are more than a few who drive WAY over their heads. I believe the HRA's have a licensing procedure to weed out those less capable but it is just a money grab for them and tracks don't check or care.

Nowadays, as long as you pay your entry fee, you can race.

There is supposed to be a mechanism to discipline the license holding drivers who signed off on it after observing 6 runs.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've said no to signing before and I've seen people get licensed that never should have.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
The "non-dragster" TD car?

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The "non-dragster" TD car?

Think you might have seen the obvious sammy?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

Bring it to their attention in writing, it’s a safety issue and needs to be addressed. The guy he could take out could be you J!
I’ve done this before. I’ve stepped up and called out bad conditions and driving.
JMO
You

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have stepped up and spoke out about unsafe track conditions but have never ran against anyone who I thought was a danger to themselves and others.

I guess I would do the same if there was someone here that bad and dangerous. Never been in that situation.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4036 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Say the driver if you feel so strongly about it.

I follow PDRA casually. Don't do Flo anymore. Are you talking about a racer with an Altered? I know nothing about it.

You started it! Spill the beans. Don't be an Ed.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I was at PDRA in Galot this past weekend.
I didn't see anything or hear anything that would raise concern.

What car are we talking about (or was it me)?
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There used to be a guy with a 5 speed Street Roadster racing at a local track years ago who was like a bottle rocket with the stick cut off. Track finally told him fix it or don't come back. He spent less than an hour adjusting the 4 link and that car ran straight as a string.

He *****ed it wasn't any fun to drive after that.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post