DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dealer Bought Bracket Cars
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dealer Bought Bracket Cars
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

Sent to me by a friend. Wink

9:11 TRACTION CONTROL
Any type of traction-control device, electronic or mechanical, is
prohibited. A traction-control device is any unit or system that
uses live data to control functions of the vehicle, such as tire
slip, which are not controlled by the driver. These devices are,
but not limited to, timing control based on wheel, driveline, or
engine acceleration, braking control, throttle control, tire-shake
meters, vertical acceleration meters, misfire control, stutter
box, relays, and/or rpm-activated chips.

2BKING's traction control(s) works pretty darn well according to his friend & needs no additional device. I'm sure you & your friend doesn't need it. Let the Street Legal guys/gals have their fun. If it bugs you two that much, protest it & see what it gets you; nothing! Wink

That sure sounds like a multi-disc adjustable ProSock clutch to me......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Bracket racer hiding a time slip lol but leaves the reaction time lul comical.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Some very interesting comments, especially the positive ones!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2577 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Had to double check to make sure bracket talk didn't turn into grudge no time talk.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Bracket racer hiding a time slip lol but leaves the reaction time lul comical.

That’s because he’s a dildo and full of hate on those that have the means to buy factory muscle cars NOT “dealer bought bracket cars” like this Demon that pisses all over his cut up shyt box, pro charged POS and that’s why he won’t show his side of the time slip! Further the guys with these cars couldn’t care less about cutting a light no mind bracket racing, they are there to get a time slip and have fun with their car whose performance on the track is far quicker and faster than the majority of bracket door cars on any given weekend!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Seeing you two Nut Huggers are joined in the same sack & triggered! Wink Laughing very hard

No hate here "I was impressed with its ET & MPH." & even more impressed with the time slip below.

Now the REAL Truth & Facts, these cars I talked about in the OP. Can run in our Fri. night Midnight Mayhems or T & Ts & maybe they do, but they're choosing to bracket race also. The 1st slip was on Sat. the below slip was on Sun. & they have been consistently showing up for the points races.

The only one's getting piss...ed on is you two. I don't need to post my side of the slip; I pick & choose what to feed you Nut Huggers. So, keep on whining & crying!

2BKING Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2577 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Still got your side of the time slip whited out except for the reaction time Laughing very hard you’re pathetic. FYI not one of these “dealer bought bracket cars” nor the factory stock eliminator cars can out perform my Firebird NahNahTounge

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Nut huggers? Shiiittt I be mad to if my procharged car could run faster then low 6's... aka Slowcharged

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Nut huggers? Shiiittt I be mad to if my procharged car could not run faster then low 6's... aka Slowcharged

EXACTLY Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wrong

Not mad at all, I've posted a slow 5.88 slip.

You two are as clueless as my neighbor watching Street Outlaws thinking I should be running in the 4's. Keyboard Racer ED also does the clueless Street Outlaw callouts also.

BTW, The factory stock eliminator guys don't give two shyts about your Firechicken! "nor the factory stock eliminator cars can out perform my FireChicken" This is Bracket Talk, take it to Class Racer; they would laugh you off their forum as they have in the past.

2BKING Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
A gentleman I have been racing with for many years currently has a 2019 Mustang GT, stock save for a tune to run on E85 and drag radials. It runs low 11's in the 1/4 mile at over 120mph. He has won track championships in Sportsman multiple times at multiple tracks with this car.

So if these guys are ducks, it's because they are new drivers, it's not that the cars cannot be competitive. Lots of people are currently racing competitively with late model Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I'm thinking of buying a used Camaro or Corvette myself, to go racing on days I don't feel like loading/unloading the trailer.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Isn't bracket racing all about "you can race anything" as long as it fits the rules. That's the beauty of bracket racing.

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Wrong

Not mad at all, I've posted a slow 5.88 slip.

You two are as clueless as my neighbor watching Street Outlaws thinking I should be running in the 4's. Keyboard Racer ED also does the clueless Street Outlaw callouts also.

BTW, The factory stock eliminator guys don't give two shyts about your Firechicken! "nor the factory stock eliminator cars can out perform my FireChicken" This is Bracket Talk, take it to Class Racer; they would laugh you off their forum as they have in the past.

2BKING Laughing very hard

And still if i had anything procharged that ran as slow as 5.88 i would burn it.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bryan, people don't seem to understand how power adders work....I've seen the pulleys on your setup and I'm surprised you make any boost at all with them. I know you tried alot of different boost levels and settled on what wins races for you. I'm sure if you cared what the keyboard racers thought you could turn the boost up to go as fast as you wanted. But I know you're all about the win.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
A gentleman I have been racing with for many years currently has a 2019 Mustang GT, stock save for a tune to run on E85 and drag radials. It runs low 11's in the 1/4 mile at over 120mph. He has won track championships in Sportsman multiple times at multiple tracks with this car.

So if these guys are ducks, it's because they are new drivers, it's not that the cars cannot be competitive. Lots of people are currently racing competitively with late model Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I'm thinking of buying a used Camaro or Corvette myself, to go racing on days I don't feel like loading/unloading the trailer.

We have a husband & wife that share their late model GTO & do very well. He runs in Sportsman & she runs in Pro. A lot of racers doing the hot lap deal in between the 2 classes & doing very well!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Bryan, people don't seem to understand how power adders work....I've seen the pulleys on your setup and I'm surprised you make any boost at all with them. I know you tried alot of different boost levels and settled on what wins races for you. I'm sure if you cared what the keyboard racers thought you could turn the boost up to go as fast as you wanted. But I know you're all about the win.

Dave,

You know what I'm doing & seen the car turning on many win lamps, collecting checks & winning! Wink

Nice thing about the Holley EFI is being able to change the tune in less than 30 sec. The tune I had in the fall was a killer race winning tune. My faster tunes I've been working on are quicker/faster, but not so good for winning; yet!

2BKING don't make me come out & race with you in Barona. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Brian, any time you post something and it triggers Little Man things are good

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Who`s cutting the shyt lights.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
Part of the issue that we ran into with a 2016 Hellcat Charger I drove for a buddy in "no box" a couple of times, was the fly by wire throttle response delay that comes in them from factory.

Hard to explain but in a traditional bottom bulb bracket car think of a stumble, that happens every time but isn't precisely consistent and you can't fix it. It's pretty rough to compensate for on the bottom bulb. Leaving off the 2nd bulb, or between the 2nd and 3rd bulb usually but again the "delay" wasn't precise. We installed a pedal commander that was supposed to eliminate the factory delay, but it didn't completely, helped but was still there.

The car was extremely consistent at 6.80s/10.80's with no performance modifications and on the 18inch ET Street radials, but hard to cut a light. Was sold to buy a red-eye so we didn't get to dive much further into fixing the throttle response issue.

Posts: 29 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMax4040:
Part of the issue that we ran into with a 2016 Hellcat Charger I drove for a buddy in "no box" a couple of times, was the fly by wire throttle response delay that comes in them from factory.

Yes - I'm thinking of a C4 Corvette or 1998-2002 F-body for that exact reason - the older cars still have throttle butterflies opened by a cable linked directly to the accelerator pedal. Although my buddy does very well with his 2019 Mustang. Maybe some fly-by-wire is better than others?

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post