New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kerrville wreck
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Terrible tragedy at Kerrville airport races. 2 deceased, 5 critical. Prayers to all involved

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Horrible news. Prayers for all involved.
Is that an real airport or a Raceway?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Airport.

The worst part of it is it's two children that were killed.

From what I read is there were temporary water barriers for the 8th mile but no barriers at all after the finish line spectators were allowed within 15 ft of the track.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow that’s just crazy Brian. Praying

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I see all kinds of poor decisions by spectators, in all kinds of racing, regarding their position relative to the vehicles. They just don't seem to understand the potential for danger.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I see all kinds of poor decisions by spectators, in all kinds of racing, regarding their position relative to the vehicles. They just don't seem to understand the potential for danger.

Some people who are spectating and not as away of the sport may trust where the promoter says they are allowed to be as being “safe”

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sad deal.Not to take aways from this . I am surprised we don't have more of this especailly small tire events. Got to wonder what makes someone thing standing right on edge of track with a car coming towards you at well over 100 mph and especailly with sketchy track surface.

Damn people don't be stupid just think for one second/

Sorry this kind of stuff piss' me off. It is just terrible waste of lives.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
There is a bunch of pictures and a video of the crash on FB if you want to search for it

https://dragcoverage.com/two-k...prep-event-in-texas/

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I thought we had drag strips for this?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
On another tragic note the Head Racing transporter was involved in a fatal accident on the highway. Too much bad news lately.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
On another tragic note the Head Racing transporter was involved in a fatal accident on the highway. Too much bad news lately.

Crew member Dylan Cromwell was driving the rig and killed. RIP. Apparently another semi going the opposite direction lost control and crossed over and struck the Head transporter head on.

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damnit Steve, I hate to hear that! Godspeed Mr. Cromwell.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Tragedy for all involved. Pretty sure the guy did not intend to wreck and hurt or kill anyone especially 2 children. The track should have had barriers there, the parents should not have had the children there. Not to place blame but it appears there were things that could have and should have been done to limit the possibility of something like this. Still it was an accident.

And yet some of the same people think it is okay for Hunter Patton to intentionally hit and try to wreck another racer. Well he apologized and nobody was killed.

So there is a bad accident where people died and got hurt and yes it is a tragedy but intentionally hitting someone is no big deal?

WTF?

What if people would have died in the Hunter Patton deal? Is that still okay? Asking for a Friend.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
The local track was having a big no prep event this weekend and had a photographer in a wheel chair at the starting line on the track when a car broke the wheel studs on the left rear during his burnout, turned left hit him and knocked him out of his chair and over the guard rail. Thankfully he's ok but I just can't wrap my brain around being a foot or two from the photo cells on the track taking pictures.

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Serious question - would anybody on this forum race their car on a track where spectators are standing next to the racing surface with no barriers? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m sure there are several here that would! I won’t put my cars on tracks without concrete Jersey barriers.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately this was bound to happen these no prep races are getting more popular and they erase wherever they can. Sad situation

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
unfortunately there is no IQ test required for "no prep" racers or promoters.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post