DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    EZCAD2 Laser Software ????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
EZCAD2 Laser Software ????
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted
Does anyone on here use EZCAD2 laser software? I'm just beginning to learn how to use it and I have a question.

If you have already grouped something and selected and applied your hatch settings how can you go back and ungroup them to change your cut strategy?

I shouldn't have grouped things the way I did and it is taking a long time to mark. I would like to re-group a different way to speed things up. I have done some searches in the net but not found what I am looking for yet. TIA



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2889 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Does anyone on here use EZCAD2 laser software? I'm just beginning to learn how to use it and I have a question.

If you have already grouped something and selected and applied your hatch settings how can you go back and ungroup them to change your cut strategy?

I shouldn't have grouped things the way I did and it is taking a long time to mark. I would like to re-group a different way to speed things up. I have done some searches in the net but not found what I am looking for yet. TIA


I use several Architectural CAD programs (Not this one mind you), but on my programs there is an Assemble and Disassemble group option that you can find by highlighting the entire group and right clicking.

Maybe it will work for your program. Just trying to give ideas since no one has chimed in.
 
Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
Does anyone on here use EZCAD2 laser software? I'm just beginning to learn how to use it and I have a question.

If you have already grouped something and selected and applied your hatch settings how can you go back and ungroup them to change your cut strategy?

I shouldn't have grouped things the way I did and it is taking a long time to mark. I would like to re-group a different way to speed things up. I have done some searches in the net but not found what I am looking for yet. TIA


I use several Architectural CAD programs (Not this one mind you), but on my programs there is an Assemble and Disassemble group option that you can find by highlighting the entire group and right clicking.

Maybe it will work for your program. Just trying to give ideas since no one has chimed in.


I haven't used that program specifically or even Ecad for years, but what HolyTown suggested is what I remember in doing edits, trims etc.


Jerry Kathe
 
Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Thanks for trying to help guys. This software is very basic and unfortunately that doesn't work. The software comes with the laser and there just isn't a lot of info out there yet.

Since you can buy these cheap I thought maybe someone on here might have one and had run into this before. It's a 60 watt and we only paid $8500 including a rotary axis. Most of the softwares I run cost minimally double that. LOL

I'm trying to get our name on all our products. Our company is really old and the standard in the industry for what we do and many of our items had no markings on them. I'm adding name and item numbers on stuff so it's easier for people to re-order.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CURTIS REED,



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2889 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Does this help at all? I didnt watch it, so have no idea if it goes into grouping and ungrouping etc.

Hatch settings


Mikey
 
Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
Does this help at all? I didnt watch it, so have no idea if it goes into grouping and ungrouping etc.

Hatch settings


No that is just a tutorial on how the laser fills the space you select. It's good info though.

I knew this might be a long shot asking on here but you never know what some guys might be doing that isn't discussed. This software comes with some of the hobby machines also.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2889 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    EZCAD2 Laser Software ????

© DragRaceResults.com 2024