DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ca Fires evacuated now
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ca Fires evacuated now
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Canyon behind a FB friends property, he posted this photo last night.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Have seen such a scene when I visited San Diego many years ago. But, it was much ****her off in the distance. Don't guess they've made any progress prevention wise... aye Smokey?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To make things even worse, I just learned that one of the major communication sites in the area, Mount Vaca has had the fire go through there and has destroyed most of the 30 towers and buildings along the ridgeline.

Several of the site owners reported watching the fire on their cameras until the flames got to the towers and things went black.

Most every fire, police and public safety agency has equipment on those towers.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Barry a few minutes ago, he and his Family are OK. The house survived the fire but he mentioned that they did encounter some looters. He and the Family are presently staying in a safe location until they get the OK to return to the house, that should happen very soon. They were very fortunate to have survived this with only smoke damage.

Posts: 3089 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that news Bob, great news. This is just ugly out here in the west.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I want to thank you all for the concern. Yeah we get to go home in the morning but so many others do not. We got luck and we know that. My kids and their in-laws came so close its scary! They saved their own place. I’ve shared some videos with others here. My wife’s cousin -2 miles down from the kids lost it all and only being there one year. Yes there are far more we know. I’ll say a prayer tonight for them.

The Polley’s

Get Ready Newsome! The letters are coming!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4522 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys are okay. Looters should be shot!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have a good friend between Vacaville and Winters who almost lost everyting. The win slowed just as it approached hi property. He said if it switched to coming form the west he will loose it all. Glad to hear oyu all made it through

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Our friends Dan and Teresa are staying with us until they can sort this out. They lost everything.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4522 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you guys.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you all!!

So I’m using my Thermal Imager we use with Hoosier to test new tires and track conditions to seek out trees burning inside out and hot spots ( kids, in-laws property) you cannot see with your eyes.

Seek Thermal
Reveal Thermal Fire Pro
www.mesfire.com
mlucero@mesfire.com

Great tool so now one of my secrets out..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Barry been watching your problem and praying for you glad your alright, hate to see this new norm. Take care yourself and family.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Our property up in the hills burned, the cabin
took a hit and is charred but survived. The neighbors place is their primary residence, they fought hard and saved it. Literally everything around them is burned. Our property is dead in the middle of the Canyon fire (SCU Complex fire). I'm talking like theres nothing but burned tree trunks anywhere for miles. Currently no one is allowed up, not residents, not even family getting supplies to people who stayed.

Instead of spending trillions on a God damn train to no ****ing place, these democrats need to start spending money on infrastructure to maintain what we already have, like dam's and fire equipment.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead of spending trillions on a God damn train to no ****ing place, these democrats need to start spending money on infrastructure to maintain what we already have, like dam's and fire equipment.

Not much glory, or press worthiness, in dam's and fire equipment. Got to march forward and create new things...... be progressive.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
Our property up in the hills burned, the cabin
took a hit and is charred but survived. The neighbors place is their primary residence, they fought hard and saved it. Literally everything around them is burned. Our property is dead in the middle of the Canyon fire (SCU Complex fire). I'm talking like theres nothing but burned tree trunks anywhere for miles. Currently no one is allowed up, not residents, not even family getting supplies to people who stayed.

Sorry to hear Will. I’ve already started compiling evidence to write Newsome. History repeats itself. I have downloaded Fire/flood etc incidents from the 1800 till now., all great information. I’m hearing he had fire engines staged at his Family Winery to save it. Wonder if the rest got the deluxe treatment? The more I read the Super Angry I get.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
SO general public finned s for themselves and officials have security and are protected sounds lot like communism.

Question. You mentioned you encountered some looters. Is that something you can into deeper or if can not do so its understood.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4205 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chris- Yes most did defend their property and homes themselves!!! I was called at 3 am by our neighbors, Reported looting in the ranches that already burned and farms evacuated. Very close to us. I drove straight to the CHP check point. Told them who I was, ID and why I’m there. Was told be safe and call us. I did see guys with back packs riding bikes and they could be neighbors.. I am extremely happy with my neighbors! They are the real deal and not to be fd with!!! I also have a bunch of retired and current officers close by; backup!!
We had to move several race trailers, Rv and boats. What a cluster F! But we got it done!
I have the best friends in the world Not worthy Not worthy

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, Barry. Things do get better

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mopacltd:
Hang in there, Barry. Things do get better

Thanks M!!
Burglaries last night (our neighbor) but I’m hearing they got shot??. Well protected here. :
Updated; warning shot, arrested..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Updated; warning shot, arrested..

Which is to say the victims fired a warning shot and the burglars got arrested? Or, the victims got arrested for firing a warning shot? I know it should be self-evident but you are in Cali.