DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Chlorinated Brake Cleaner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chlorinated Brake Cleaner
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Do you use it at any NHRA events or facilities?

If so,you are in violation of 1.13 section two.

Not a new rule,but a rule that many may not be aware of.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Personally I hate the non chlorinated brake clean because its smell is stronger, its flammable and also much harsher on paint and powder coat

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shhhhhh! Big Grin
All garbage, doesn’t clean and leaves residue.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't Tig weld anything that's been cleaned with Chlorinated brake clean.

I buy both if available and use the non-chlorinated for anything that has to be welded.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Chlorinated brake clean makes toxic gas when burned. I stick to non-chlorinated just in case.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Working on my car over the weekend. I just had the rear cut down and painted it. Had to gently massage the calipers so the wheels would fit. Blew everything off and grabbed a can of brake clean to spray everything down and get whatever was left off the brakes and housing. Fkn hell, grabbed the non-chlorinated stuff and now the paint is a wrinkle finish. SMDH

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
Yeah, Chlorinated brake clean makes toxic gas when burned. I stick to non-chlorinated just in case.

Phosgene and hydrogen chloride...

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Personally I use starting fluid for cleaning everything, even my hands. Evaporates quick and dry. When I used CRC green it didnt work at all, I like CRC red, but like has been said it leaves a residue. I do carry red with me but prefer starting fluid.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post