DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Distance Between Tracks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Distance Between Tracks
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This may sound a little silly but racing at Numidia, Pennsylvania is at the top of my bucket list, it's 2632 mile tow, (one way). Think I'll wait for the snow to melt.

Bob

Posts: 3155 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
pretty sure Z MAX in Charlotte would be the closest

Posts: 64 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

I am assuming there must be a very important reason NOT to enter every single bracket race at Coos Bay? Or do you do that already? Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, I have not been out to the local track for the last few years. I used to be out there for every race until the new owner took over and chose to not do payouts. They do have trophy's and you mostly race for points and a spot on the bracket finals team. The drivers get together and put up a pool of money for those interested.

Wow! Sounds like a gem of a track owner right there! Wow!

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess the NC tracks Thunder Valley (Red Springs) and 710 (Rowland) at 16.4 miles are the closest.

Posts: 529 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
BG7X77, it used to be Darlington and Florence-Darlington in your area at 9 miles.

Posts: 529 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In middle TN,tracks within 3hrs
US 43
Music City
Crossville
Jackson
Memphis
Brainerd
Huntsville
Holly Springs
Buffalo Valley
Bowling Green
And I think a few more

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
This may sound a little silly but racing at Numidia, Pennsylvania is at the top of my bucket list, it's 2632 mile tow, (one way). Think I'll wait for the snow to melt.

Bob

Bob no snow right now come on over. Well I can’t vouch for that part of the state.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am four minutes from Atco Raceway.
Or what was Atco Raceway!
Going to be another insurance company parking lot unless there's a loophole to prevent it. Len Capone (owner) is an ******* that doesn't know a god dam thing about his customers.

So I got Cecil County and Maple Grove fairly close. I've never been to Island so maybe someday.

Or buy a boat and tow it with my cut up shytbox.

Edit
Atco to CC 1½ hrs
Atco to MG 2 hrs
Atco to Englishtown 1½ hrs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the question what tracks were closest together, not closest to your house?

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Eman, yes it was. I was mostly wondering how close together tracks could be and still survive.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Darlington and "Little" Darlington were the closest I have ever known about. They were from the time that national event tracks only ran once or twice a year and the small tracks ran almost every weekend.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Eman, yes it was. I was mostly wondering how close together tracks could be and still survive.

Well in Oregon, Medford is the one closest in travel time to all of the other tracks in the state. At best it's a minimum of 3 Hours travel time from there to any of the other tracks.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Iowa...
Cedar Falls Motorsports Park has a double $50K SFG race and a Triple $7000 Triple 7 Bracket Jackpot Series as well as their weekly is $1500.
81 miles to Tri-State Raceway in Earlville IA, Super nice facility but only one weekend of 3-$7000 Triple 7 Bracket Jackpot Series races; then Eddyville Raceway Park, about 99 miles is a beautiful, detailed facility with at least one of the Triple 7 Bracket Jackpot Series races and a line up of wild spectator events.

For a lightly populated state, we can reach a lot of affordable bigger money races. The Triple 777 Series is only $83.00 per day!!!! Where else do you race for $7000 to win for $83.00???????

Right now, get the snow-mobiles filled with 110 and light them up!!;_)\\

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
BG7X77, it used to be Darlington and Florence-Darlington in your area at 9 miles.

I have heard A LOT of stories about Little Darlington. Being a damn yankee who decided to stay I didnt have the pleasure. I hear it was a lot of fun. I sure am glad BIG Darlington is still around, what an incredible racing surface that place has now and ran by a great group of people.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Pageland - Darlington 39 miles. All in the same day, made my qualifying runs in Stock for an IHRA Pro-Am at Darlington, went to Pageland and won the points race, and was back to Darlington by the time they were in 3rd rnd of the Combo race.

VMP - Richmond 37.3
GALOT - Fayetteville 36.7
Norwalk - Dragway 42 36.4
Clay City - I-64 32.1
Mason-Dixon - 75-80(defunct) 31.9
Knoxville - 411 Dragway 31.8
National Trail - Pacemakers 31.5
Maryland Int'l - Colonial Beach 28.9
Fayetteville - Red Springs (Thunder Valley) 23.4
Mooresville - ZMax 19.3
Edgewater - Tri-State(defunct) 16.8
Red Springs - 710 Dragway 16.4

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5764 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
MB with the facts. Smile Thank you sir.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
MIR to CB might be top 3 if using "crow fly" distance.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mr. Beard KNOWS!!! Laughing Hard

By the way, that is significantly awesome racing at two tracks in one day! And winning at one!!! Awesome stuff.

BG

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
MIR to CB might be top 3 if using "crow fly" distance.

15.4 Miles, starting line to starting line. I'll let y'all work on the rest of them... Wink

https://www.calcmaps.com/map-distance/

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5764 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post