New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAJOR AT&T Issue
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I have been a AT&T customer for several decades and have encountered constant service fee increases during that time. This encounter with them takes the cake, and it also took $2459.26 from us!

On June 24 my wife was paying bills using our Banks "On line Banking service" and mistakenly paid AT&T an amount that was designated to pay our credit card bill, she entered the payment on the wrong line. The amount was $2459.26. Our normal AT&T bill ($151) was always billed to our credit card and never paid through the Bank on line service.

When my wife discovered the error she contacted AT&T was was told they are keeping the entire over payment, not refunding the money.

Our Bank confirmed that AT&T received the money, AT&T acknowledged that they received the money but (AND GET THIS) they want proof that we actually "Sent" the money. If you are confused at this point, believe me we all are. Nothing but idiotic double talk. Bottom line they absolutely refuse to refund any of the overpayment.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I hear you !!!! For about 7 years now! They suck. Had issues with yahoo on my I phone. Two Bob’s, Doris and a Chuck later no fix. So I called to report damaged phone. I’ve learned to dance ? They just keep moving you around.. time for a new phone and provider. We have Comcast for home coverage and it’s not the best but maybe a little better than ATT. Verizon? What’s out there for two phones and plans?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I like T Mobile, but reception from my house was practically non existent. So I switched to At&T. But I use their Go Phone plan. It costs me 55.00 a month for 2 lines text, talk, and data. Granted I do not have a great amount of 4G data, but it switches to 3G unlimited after that.

I rarely use my phone for surfing and then it is for quick information. I have used it as a hot spot to watch movies at times with no issues.

I use a CC to pay my bill and renew every month. Been using it this way for maybe 10 years with no issues.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Heck. Son had a house built. New service. Comcast
Left over 150 feet of new coax on the dirt. Oh we'll be back to bury it The *** was a mess. I don't know how, but a good size section of the coax ended up on the new construction next doors property. Ya the bobcat took that out. CALL EM AGAIN. Now another 150 ft later on the newly seeded ground. Hey keep this ** on his side will ya. Ya i went and was the surveyor. this time.

Got rid of ATT 5 years ago at the house. Landline. Need it for the fax lines. 10-12 monthly transmissions calls/faxes >> 82.00 a month. Pull the *** out of there.. Now we have Comcast, 2 receivers. Internet and VOIP for the landline phone fax. Not subleting a company for fax services. 189.00 a month. Some companies i deal with. Correspondence must be fax. Base package TV plan. Must include her cooking channels lol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
AT&T has the absolute worst user support. After 25 years, I dumped them for Consumer Cellular 4 years ago. Dramatic difference.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
AT&T has the absolute worst user support. After 25 years, I dumped them for Consumer Cellular 4 years ago. Dramatic difference.

Not worthy

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We have Verison for cell phone service. Our land line, TV (Direct TV) and computer are, and have been AT&T for more than 30 years. Happy with the service disappointed with their ethics, correction ....make that VERY disappointed!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I grew up a Mountain Bell then AT&T brat. When my dad retired from AT&T, he immediately dropped everything that they had to do with. This was after 40 years of service. He didn't see the writing on the wall, he lived it. The small companies might have some better services, but Verizon is the only company that works everywhere we do. I'll be glad when I can stay at home and drop them like a rock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I also was AT&T for years and years,then when they got to where they were impossible to deal with, started looking around. Tried Metro PCS cause they were cheap and no contract and havent looked back. They use T-Mobiles network and have never run out of a service area, and now they are T-Mobile. Still only pay 30 dollars for unlimited everything.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
File suit against them in your local small claims court for receiving and keeping funds not due them. The ATT legal team will have your $ back in no time. Once they get the summons.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
AZ treed me. I was going to say the same thing. Small claims court since it's less than 2500 bucks.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob,
This deal seems completely insane to me.
I am trying to figure out how in the heck they can even THINK about not returning all of the money except for your monthly bill, or account balance? Confused
Do they plan on crediting it to your account, so that your bill will show a huge "positive" balance/credit, and then deduct each monthly amount due from the balance?
Like AZ and Vern said, file a small claim. (You shouldn't even have to expend the effort to do that, but what other options are there, aside from hiring a ridiculously overpriced attorney, who will end up eating most of the amount in obscene legal costs). Mad

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They continually say that they will "review" the over charge then call us back with a final disposition. So far, no return phone call, no credit and no money returned. I guess we are just SOOL (**** out of luck).

Bob

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
They probably think you are a scammer and trying to get over on them. Just wait 2 weeks then call them again and provide a screen shot/copy of the online bill pay.

I had a similar situation at work. Customer called and did the same thing, wanted a refund. 2 weeks later, the bank found it was fraudulent and removed the funds from our account. Had we issued a refund, we would have been out the money.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just initiate a payment dispute with your bank

Posts: 49 | Location: toms river nj  | Registered: January 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tom:

I sent them a copy of my Bank statement, they confirmed that they received the information AND they confirmed that they received the $2459.26 over payment but they still refuse to refund the money.

Bottom line: No help from AT&T except to say "Sorry you lose".

nhra124g:

Our Bank said that we contested the over payment too late (had to be contested within 48 hours) for them to dispute the payment.

Bottom line: No help from the Bank except to say "Sorry.... can't help".

Everything that I have posted on this matter is absolutely true and absolutely provable.

Bob

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So they are not keeping your money you basically have a $2600 credit and shouldn’t have to pay a bill until you reach zero balance.. At least that’s how they did me when I overpaid by mistake and wouldn’t refund me.

Posts: 34 | Location: Louisville,KY,US | Registered: October 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
IF AT&T does apply the over payment of $2459.26 toward my future bill (and so far they haven't), at my present monthly rate it will take more than 16 months to use up the credit.

No one at AT&T has ever said that the money would be applied toward my future bills.

My question is: If I switch to another company will they refund the money, so far the answer has been NO. This wasn't a $100 over payment it was nearly $2500, they had to know it was an error.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Today AT&T increased our monthly service fee from $151 to $206 (+ $55). My wife and AT&T agreed to a one year $151 service contract 60 days ago (June of 2021) that was good through June of 2022. They said that there never was a contract, that was a blatant lie, we have been receiving it for nearly 60 days.

They also refuse to refund the over payment money. I knew this was coming, once they had our money they would ignore the contract and increase the monthly fee. They can not be trusted.

I am changing service providers tomorrow morning.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
They can not be trusted.

You'll have to go "postal" on them.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post