Bracket Talk
RIP Floyd Staggs

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/4077086307

September 05, 2026, 09:31 PM
Mike English
RIP Floyd Staggs
His son Marty said Floyd passed away Thursday.


L8R, Mike

September 05, 2026, 10:40 PM
mopacltd
This is such sad news.
September 06, 2026, 05:37 AM
Curly1
I hate to hear that. RIP.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
September 06, 2026, 06:48 AM
BTR69
Very sad to read this. Never met him but hoped some day I might. It's good to get around folks who've been around as long as him, to listen and learn. Enjoyed reading his posts and interacting with him on this forum. RIP sir....


William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
September 06, 2026, 07:47 AM
qtrrcr
Ive known Floyd for over thirty years, we raced together at the different socal,nevada and arizona tracks.We would pit close to each other when we could so we could do our bench racing between rounds. When he gave Marty the Hay Hauler we couldnt continue that trend, but I kept track mostly on DRR. Another good one gone.
September 06, 2026, 08:50 AM
RPROGAS
quote:
e

Very sad to hear the news about Floyd. Never met Floyd but appreciated and understood his passion about drag racing and his Family, especially his Family.

God Speed Floyd.

Bob
September 06, 2026, 08:55 AM
DragRaceResults
Damn! Floyd was a Very Long Time Member here at DRR and will truly be missed. #34 on the Karma List and a member since 2006 on this forum.

RIP Floyd! Prayers to your family

SL...



www.dragraceresults.com
September 06, 2026, 09:26 AM
Larry Scarth
Great guy, raced with Floyd at LACR and he was a class act. Rest in peace Floyd. Scarth


When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.
September 06, 2026, 11:33 AM
BP758
Very sorry to hear this! God speed Floyd!


California Screaming!
Raceless in California!
September 06, 2026, 04:45 PM
ferndaleflyer
This breaks my heart. He and I have been friends on here forever. He was 1 year younger than me and we had fun reminiscing about the old days. I will really miss him and hope Marty takes good care of the hay hauler and Floyd’s little dog. RIP my friend.
September 06, 2026, 10:45 PM
B KING
RIP Floyd, I knew you better on DRR than at the track. I have run with you at the track back in the day. I'm truly sorry that I never introduced myself back in the day. I have regrets in my lifetime & this is one of them!

Life is taken for granted & it shouldn't be! We need to take time to think of others, more than ourselves. Wink

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
September 07, 2026, 12:24 AM
Alaskaracer
Never knew him but but he seemed like a great guy...Godspeed Floyd!


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
September 07, 2026, 09:20 PM
M120
Rip
Condolences to friends and family.
September 08, 2026, 01:53 PM
David Covey
Never knew/met him but but he seemed like a great guy...RIP Floyd!

Dave


"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
September 09, 2026, 07:50 PM
wideopen231
Only knew him from site, Alwats seemed great guy. Heck he offered me a set of headers off his truck for shipping cost but thinkn his son had sold them.

Hate to hear of his passing, RIP




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
September 09, 2026, 09:21 PM
Cashflow
Well that sucks!


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
September 10, 2026, 08:39 AM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Well that sucks!


The older we get right? Really does suck!

How are ya Cashflow ?


California Screaming!
Raceless in California!
September 10, 2026, 04:52 PM
Cashflow
I’m okay, thanks for asking. Two guys I went to school with just passed. One I worked with for twenty years at the refinery. He was two years older and the other one was one year older. Kind of hit close to home.


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
September 13, 2026, 07:12 AM
Curly1
Floyd will be missed, he was one of the guys who stood up to evil and never backed down.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion