DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dragway 42 shooting - 1 dead, 5 injured
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragway 42 shooting - 1 dead, 5 injured
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Kind of surprised this hadn't been brought up here yesterday. Just a sad state of affairs.

https://fox8.com/news/one-kill...gway-suspect-wanted/

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
They know the guys name but do not want to release it? Hmmm. I would think for public safety say who it is and people would tell you where he is.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
They know the guys name but do not want to release it? Hmmm. I would think for public safety say who it is and people would tell you where he is.

I would agree with that and only thing I can think is they are afraid people will hunt him down before authorities can and possibility retaliate.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Translated, a drunk not in the race is doing donuts and is told to knock it off by the owner of the track. So the drunk pulls out a gun and starts shooting.

The guy who shot back probably saved some lives.

Welcome to 2021, lots of medicaid'd people and drunks due mostly to lock down trauma since 15 days to flatten the curve. Don't expect to hear about how people deal with undue stress, in the fake news.

They self medicaid and drink stress away.

Bill Gates "there's too many people, we need to get rid of 5 billion people"

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:

I would agree with that and only thing I can think is they are afraid people will hunt him down before authorities can and possibility retaliate.

And that would be bad because....

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 777 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
quote:

This World would be better off if a few from the Gene pool were eliminated. We all know a few of them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
quote:

I think it would be a good thing but the authorities don’t

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Somewhat related to this...I was in Arizona this weekend and stopped into a 7-11...I'm waiting in line to check out and the guy in front of me has a 6-shooter strapped on his hip...Nobody gives him a second look...I thought what a fantastic state...if it was just not over a 100* during the day...lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
The 2nd shooter...maybe a "good guy with a gun" but then again maybe not.
He sure was not a shooter. Neutralize the threat is why you return fire.

Time to spend some time at the range and keep my skills high. No place safe anymore.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1226 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm waiting in line to check out and the guy in front of me has a 6-shooter strapped on his hip...Nobody gives him a second look...I thought what a fantastic state.

no you werent stfu

Posts: 1433 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If this is really jenavet, then you've turned into an idiot. If this isn't jenavet, then you're still an idiot. So either way, you're covered...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If this is really jenavet, then you've turned into an idiot. If this isn't jenavet, then you're still an idiot. So either way, you're covered...

so you can go on my threads and act like an arrogant ****..but you cant take it? f off

Posts: 1433 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I carry mine every time I go out of the house here in central NC. Open carry is allowed as is castle doctrine and stand your ground. Been a certified pistol instructor for many years. Be surprised how many I see carrying open. Shame it has to be this way

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

so you can go on my threads and act like an arrogant ****..but you cant take it? f off

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Yep, just an idiot..

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bwaaha puzzy

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Somewhat related to this...I was in Arizona this weekend and stopped into a 7-11...I'm waiting in line to check out and the guy in front of me has a 6-shooter strapped on his hip...Nobody gives him a second look...I thought what a fantastic state...if it was just not over a 100* during the day...lol

Awe come on Dave it's a dry heat.
You're going to be the last person in Calif that I know. Pretty much all of my friends have moved out or have passed.
Better make your move before there is no one that wants to live there and your housing values hit rock bottom.
So sad what has happened to such a beautiful state.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

You're going to be the last person in Calif that I know. Pretty much all of my friends have moved out or have passed.
Better make your move before there is no one that wants to live there and your housing values hit rock bottom.
So sad what has happened to such a beautiful state.

At 117* it really doesn't matter if it's a dry heat Bruce lol...But I hope the guy that invented air conditioning made the unlimited millions he deserved. Big Grin

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're going to be the last person in Calif that I know.

lets keep this loser in california

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave,
Did you notice that all government offices have a sign on the door saying leave firearms outside. Not allowed in building.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Bad thing in most situation the guy trying to stop the bad guy stands to be in more trouble than the guy he is stopping. Suck's but that is something that you have to think about too.

I tell people I carry for me and my family not for everyone else.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4407 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post