Bracket Talk
Dometic trailer awning..

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/3977055286

January 04, 2019, 12:12 PM
Al Alguire
Dometic trailer awning..
Looking for someone who is a dealer for these and any feedback anyone has. Looking for a powered awning for my trailer, tired of messing with EZ ups and the wife is not much help these days with a bad back. Any input is welcome, looking for something in the 20-24' range..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
January 04, 2019, 12:32 PM
J178RED
Al a big buck friend got one of these and is very happy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ApV7VUIVA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!
January 04, 2019, 01:03 PM
50fordsst
Al-On my Beaver pusher it came with a Girard fully extending awning. They extend to 10' X 21' to 24' long and they have a wind sensor that goes on the roof that will close the awning when the wind gets to 22 mph. Its just like the one illustrated by j178red, but extends to 10' not 6 or 7'. Ive seen trailers that have regular manual RV type with 8' extension and unless you have a dragster the passenger side of a car is exposed. You have to park at least 3' away from trailer to get your door open. It's probably on the pricey side, but food for thought. Bob
January 04, 2019, 05:40 PM
MikeB4963
I have been doing some homework on awnings lately.
We have the CAREFREE armless powered unit on our new motorhome.
We have not had and trouble with ours but many people have. I suggest staying away from those just in case somebody mentions those to you. It is a very cool awning with LED lights built in and all that.
The Dometic 9100 series looks like a decent unit and has been around for a while.

We are currently having a Dometic 9000 series manual awning installed on our trailer. 25 feet.

It runs about $1300-$1400 shipped from several different on-line retailers including camping world.

We wanted simple and trouble free as possible and economical as possible for the trailer. We had a 25 ft Dometic on our LQ, used it for 9 years, 99% trouble free.
January 06, 2019, 08:16 AM
Bill Webb
Al we just ordered 2 Dometic 9500 awnings for ours. I will let you know how it goes
January 08, 2019, 06:01 AM
muggs
We have the Carefree awning on our RV. Easy to operate, fully adjustable and no issues. After 4 years fabric is starting to separate. Considering how much it has been used is no issue.
January 08, 2019, 03:33 PM
1army
Al, I purchase the power awing about 3yrs ago for my trailer very happy with it. The only thing I would say is it goes up low compared to the one on my RV.