DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    blowers at the million
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

blowers at the million
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Doubt many here have idea but heck ask anyway,

How many blown cars in the million? I am noticing a buttload of dragsters with blower combos. A lot of what I guess is the baby blowers. few look like 6-71 and although have not seen I am sure pro charger or two. Does anyone know the number?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
While at it. Has a blown car won any big-money races? It seems lots are consistent.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
i know of several prochargers there, a friend was one of them... lots of blowers tho from what i saw

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1525 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lot of fast dragsters for sure!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure there was one in the final. Fell sleep before semis.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess that means so much for the statement fast not important.LOL

Still, wonder why so many spend a ton on go faster if not an advantage. IMO going faster great but can see it biting you in the butt if on a track that gets less than great later on. Buds Creek comes to mind. The biggest challenge there in night race is keeping the windshield so you can see. Same moisture on the track.

Hwere I try to stay away from running blown combo and everyone going to blowers. Will need some pulleys.50% OD is lowest combo I have. Oh yea need another blower since sold my Whipple charger a few years ago and the blower manifold few months ago.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just wonder about the amount of mantaining it takes on a bracket car-good bang for the cost but?

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 412 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t take much to make a 4.70-4.80 na to go 4.40s. Good valve train and monitor seat pressures.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm still a nitrous fan. I have my reasoning...When I want or need the extra power it's there. Otherwise I can run n/a. Not real impressed with the baby blower deal, there were a couple in Denver that ran there and neither one was faster than I was, in fact both were slower by more than a couple tenths....and I thought the point was to go faster.....the bigger blowers mean more maintenance as well, and more frequent tear downs....Unless I'm running the bottle all the time and bigger hits at that, nothing changes from what i'd normally do maintenance wise at the end of the season....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1498 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There’s a brother and sister around here with a baby blower that run in the 4.15-4.20 range in bracket trim.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Lots of baby blowers. I'd say 40-50 this weekend. NONE going 4.15-4.20. That's Grisez's. They are big blowers.

Most 250 stuff were going 4.40 and up.

Best air I saw was 900 DA corrected and I was looking all weekend.

Best I went with my NA 615 was 4.385 at 158.50

SL...

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
4.15 sounds like a Top Dragster detuned for bracket racing. Couple years ago I was behind Big Steve at XRP. That car makes tracks in the 1/8

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Lots of baby blowers. I'd say 40-50 this weekend. NONE going 4.15-4.20. That's Grisez's. They are big blowers.

SL...

ahhhh...they had 250 blowers last time i looked at their stuff a year or two ago. Good catch!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

SL...

Scott, what does your new car weigh with driver? If that is a 615 SR20, I am impressed.

Posts: 634 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Bo Honeycutt was also there going 4.27 with his 9 degree. I talked to him. He had it backed down quite a bit as it's an important race fo sho.

Mine is pulled back a bit as well for the same reason. Somewhere in the high 17xx range on weight

SL...

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
While at it. Has a blown car won any big-money races? It seems lots are consistent.

Alan Glatt comes to mind if 30K win is big money. He's been running a blower for a while.He wasn't at the million though.

Also Greg Kelly with a Procharger has some big checks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 621 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Adam Russell won the 2021 og million with a blower car dialed low 4.30s.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 472 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Travis Laster won the 2023 SFG 1.1 in a prochargered car going low 4.10s. Been racing in the northeast with Travis for a long time. He's won his fair share of big money races with a procharger.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 472 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I have a friend in a Pro Stock truck with a baby blower . a Quick 32 for the win . The truck only moved .001 in all 5 hits. I believe we will be seeing a lot more of these in the winners circle!

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
I have a friend in a Pro Stock truck with a baby blower . a Quick 32 for the win . The truck only moved .001 in all 5 hits. I believe we will be seeing a lot more of these in the winners circle!

Shake head

.001 !

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post