New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chill Box
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I am considering buying one of these small room "Swamp Coolers" advertised on the Internet to use in my motor home bedroom. They advertise that one unit will lower the room temperature at least 10 to 15 degrees so I wondered if anyone had experience using one and which brand they bought. I prefer a unit that is battery operated so I don't have to run the generator all night. I would be fine if I could get 5 to 6 hours of running time from one.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
https://dailytrendingtech.com/...VEAQYASABEgIY-PD_BwE

For $89 how could you go wrong, just remember it’s very humid where you’re at it’s It’s not gonna work

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Reviews I read said this unit is NOT an 'air conditioner'; merely a glorified, tiny swamp cooler. You have to put their 'sheets' in a freezer for cool air, then replace and refreeze every 30 minutes.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Save your money.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob, several years ago I put a upright swamp cooler in my MH bedroom that holds 2 1/2 gallons of water and for the first few minutes it works fine, then being an "evaporative" cooler, and being inside, it made the humidity unbearable, plus I was filling it every couple of hours. I finally put that in the garage where it can get air to work properly and having a 2000 watt inverter generator I got a 8K upright a/c unit and just run the small gen at night for that unit in the bedroom, and run the battery charger during race hours. My wife has one of those box swampers on her desk that holds about 20 ounces of water, but unless you put your face or hand right up to the vent you really cant tell much difference in temperature. Just been my experience with them.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Does not do much and puts lots of moisture in the air making metal rust and beds and towels etc. smell moldy.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I believe that I'll pass on the swamp cooler idea. I'm good in heat but not humidity, the Commander-In-Chief isn't good with either her idea of "Roughing it" is staying at a Holiday Inn.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post