New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris needs help.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
d@mm1t Torq. sure hate to see that for you brother. I ain't got much be if you need it it is yours.

ep-wrecking sh1t sucks...trust me

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
One things for sure...me and the kid tore some chit up in the last couple of months!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys...race people are family as many people reached out to help in any way. Very grateful to be in the circle with so many good people!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
One things for sure...me and the kid tore some chit up in the last couple of months!

Seems like that is the way the world works. You make some $$ and something quickly takes it away.... Glad you guys are all ok.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad you are ok, I just came thru there Friday from Christmas with my daughter in Winter Haven.
Traffic was unreal, had my cruise set on 83 and I was in the way.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys are ok. Could of been alot worse

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Chris asked me to post this for ya'll.

text

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have to point out...I was cited/ticketed and it states:

Careless driving, driver did not give sufficient attention or thought to avoid harm or errors colliding with rear of slower vehicle in an attempt to overtake.

I don't disagree that I hit the fellow from the rear and I repeatedly instructed the officer this guy was well below the minimum 45 mph posted speed. He was crawling on the interstate and was just as careless doing so I pleaded. I was told an officer cannot judge speed.

This was an obstacle I simply did not overcome, I will not dispute that, but hell, this guy was illegally on the highway and turns out it's all my fault I hit him?

This does not sit well with me...would you fight this ticket knowing 2 days later the wrecker driver confirms what I thought for the last 2 days?

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
it has been my long experience that when a person hits someone in front of them,the person looking forward gets the ticket.usually states failure to control speed to avoid an accident.happened to me not long ago,luckily i was in front

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1409 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have been on both ends of this type collision as well. Only difference was is I was not breaking the law when I was rear ended.

Would you fight the ticket issued to me or not?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
One word Lawyer! If you get charged he could use it in any kind of law suit that might follow. Lawyer are not cheap but they can be cheaper in long run.

I have zero traffic charges in 20 years,but I have good lawyers and lots of faulty equipment on my vehicles.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I remember a similar situation like this in SC several years ago where an old truck hauling a car and followed by a someone else in a car with no tail lights pulled out of a rest area in the fog on I-95 and was rear ended by a tractor trailer.....Truck driver and his insurance company got wore out by lawyers. Get the best LOCAL lawyer you can find.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Do not know the guy. I do know Chris has damn nice rig and betting the guy seen dollar signs dancing in his head.

Lawyer up buttercup,I am betting bunch of shyt coming before done with this deal. Not trying to throw worry on you dude,just gut feeling and I had that night when you sent pics. Have two very well friends and both had similar crap wth traffic accidents.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

This does not sit well with me...would you fight this ticket knowing 2 days later the wrecker driver confirms what I thought for the last 2 days?

Nope, you are probably going to lose unless you have a dashcam that shows you NOT speeding and him stopped. Even them, you may still lose.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1298 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I remember back when I was doing driver's training, the instructor saying that if you hit the car in front of you for ANY reason, you are always at fault.

If you are sitting safely at a stoplight and get rear-ended, and end up hitting the car in front of you, it is your fault. You were sitting too close.

That's just what I remember being told. Sounds like a bad deal all around.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I imagine your insurance will fight this because if you are at fault will likely cost them a bunch.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
About 45 years ago I hit an illegally parked car at night. Turned out to be 100% my fault.

Its never sat well with me either.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Yes, you will usually be the one to get the ticket. I will say this most of the wrecks on the highways now are not caused by people driving too fast but those trying to get around some idiot going too slow. Those people driving 41 mph on the highway texting or what ever they are doing while everyone else is passing on the right or what ever to get around them are the problem.
I agree with Chris the other guy SHOULD have got the ticket but it is not like that.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don Kennedy what is your take on this?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I suspect, like most stuff that laws vary from state to state. I'd get a lawyer even if I wasn't going to fight it. In NC the charge would be "failure to reduce speed to avoid accident".

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post