DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA going full Retard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA going full Retard
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No class. Sad.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joe, NHRA did offer a solution, cut the event down to 2 days

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I spent $30k this year before my cars made 1 pass and we have marketing partners helping us.

30k?

Big whoop! Really - you think 30k is a bunch of money? You're the joke around here.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
There goes Ed in his infinite wisdom.
Ed, have you ever considered constructive criticism?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
My thoughts on this thread is be careful what you wish for. We are down to two forms of dragracing left, bracket racing and NHRA class racing. IHRA is out so unless someone comes up with another form of racing maybe be happy with what type of racing you are doing, I am and I enjoy NHRA dragracing, and yes for people like me there is no money in it but I’ve worked most of my life to be able to do what I enjoy. Peace out

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like NHRA but they have had problems for years and now people act surprised?

NHRA has went out of their way to rip off racers, Spectators and Sponsors for years. This is nothing new and each time it cost them a few spectators, Racers and Sponsors.

I am going to say it again. What needs to be done? We all know 1. NHRA needs to increase payout to Racers from top to bottom. NHRA is racing and with out racers....... 2. They need to be ran by RACERS not investors who only care about a huge return on their investment. 3. They need to cut cost of racing in particular in the fuel classes and Pro Stock. How to cut costs? (Well I would leave that decision to the Racers what would work best to cut costs and keep it competitive.)Maybe 1 mag and 50% Nitro? Who knows but something needs to be done.
4. In addition to the things to cut cost I would also bring back 1/4 mile racing. Cost cutting measures would probably hurt performance some and to that I say bring back 1/4 mile.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Joe, NHRA did offer a solution, cut the event down to 2 days

Show me exactly how this reduces the cost by the same amount as the purses were reduced by.

The fuel costs to attend the event are still the same, the cost per run down the track is still the same. You save one nights lodging and meals, maybe $2000 to $3000 per race at best.

It helps some, but does not even begin to replace what they have taken away.

I am not saying NHRA is wrong in doing this as they being a Not for Profit agency can't spend money they don't have, but in return, they nor anybody else should expect any of the race teams to spend money they don't have in order to attend their events.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like NHRA but they have had problems for years and now people act surprised?

NHRA has went out of their way to rip off racers, Spectators and Sponsors for years. This is nothing new and each time it cost them a few spectators, Racers and Sponsors.

I am going to say it again. What needs to be done? We all know 1. NHRA needs to increase payout to Racers from top to bottom. NHRA is racing and with out racers....... 2. They need to be ran by RACERS not investors who only care about a huge return on their investment. 3. They need to cut cost of racing in particular in the fuel classes and Pro Stock. How to cut costs? (Well I would leave that decision to the Racers what would work best to cut costs and keep it competitive.)Maybe 1 mag and 50% Nitro? Who knows but something needs to be done.
4. In addition to the things to cut cost I would also bring back 1/4 mile racing. Cost cutting measures would probably hurt performance some and to that I say bring back 1/4 mile.

With all due respect, racers can't agree on hardly ANYTHING! And I suspect the high dollar teams don't object to it being high dollar. So there is their vote. And since they operate more than half the teams, I can see where the topic will go. Name one track in the US that is run successfully by the racers that race there as a coop situation. Do I think NHRA is a cluster. Of course. But I don't want to jump from the pot to the frying pan.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
My thoughts on this thread is be careful what you wish for. We are down to two forms of dragracing left, bracket racing and NHRA class racing. IHRA is out so unless someone comes up with another form of racing maybe be happy with what type of racing you are doing, I am and I enjoy NHRA dragracing, and yes for people like me there is no money in it but I’ve worked most of my life to be able to do what I enjoy. Peace out

What is the situation with IHRA? I race at one IHRA owned track, and we will be competing at the race of champions in Memphis. Things are running kinda ok from a bracket racing standpoint.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The second wave isn't the second wave of covid, it's the second wave of bankruptcies!

Common sense, covid is 99.98% survivable!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can tell you from a very good source it costs a top ten fuel team (dragsters) $125,000 per race. Funny cars much more. With the reduced purse I'm sure some teams are re-evaluating there participation at events.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I can tell you from a very good source it costs a top ten fuel team (dragsters) $125,000 per race. Funny cars much more. With the reduced purse I'm sure some teams are re-evaluating there participation at events.

I'm sure there is the fixed cost including travel, and the variable cost regarding cost per run. Any idea what a run costs, parts and fuel? One day less of labor perhaps? Less runs may be a money saver.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That $125,000 was from 6 years ago based on a 24 race schedule. Its an average per race. That's nearly $3 million per season. Crazy money.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

What is the situation with IHRA? I race at one IHRA owned track, and we will be competing at the race of champions in Memphis. Things are running kinda ok from a bracket racing standpoint.

Bucky, IHRA is strictly bracket racing, no longer competition for NHRA, or an alternative from NHRA. I did go to a IHRA race this year and it was one of the worst run races I’ve been to in many years.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NHRA graph and local bracket racing will be the opposite of China GDP graph..

China took all the the US jobs which created discretionary money in the pockets of Americans.

The WTO deal was signed with the chinese to offshore America, two weeks after Sept 11 2001.

china taking over, our kids and grandkids will have to work slave labor rates, same as china to compete. The GIANT SUCKING sound Ross Perot warned of.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I spent $30k this year before my cars made 1 pass and we have marketing partners helping us.

30k?

Big whoop! Really - you think 30k is a bunch of money? You're the joke around here.

The jokes on you buying this POS

Clearly $30k is a lot of money to you because if you had it, you wouldn’t have bought this junk! Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I have a friend in Atlanta who just sent me an article recently written in Auto Week by Top Fuel Racer Doug Foley. Mr. Foley feels that the NHRA is in more trouble than they are willing to admit and their days are numbered. He states that in 2021 there will be many events with less than 11 cars, and the NHRA won't have much of a "Show" to sell to the public and to Sponsors. Cutting the purse while doing nothing to limit the cost to compete with a Fuel Car is a certain way to end the dance.

While $13,000 would cover most of the nitro bill ($40 a gallon / 325 gallons) but not the fuel for the transporter, broken parts, tire bill and crew. So if you didn't win, then what......electric Top Fuel? At this rate I can see most, if not all of the 2021 events being held at Indy. I wonder how that will go over with the other National Event tracks that count on that income to stay afloat?

A more reasonable idea (but certainly not popular) would be to go to Blown Alky or injected nitro. Last weekend Megan Meyer ran 5.09 @ 1320 feet with several recent runs in the 280 mph range. The expense of operating one of these cars must be less than a T/F Anything.

Yea I know this is like trying to sell a one second reduction in the Super Classes. PLEASE save the slings and arrows, I'm not interested an any debate.

Bob

13000 covers one run with about 3000 left.Well according to Connie Kallita Last year at Houston. That is w/o breakage and its rare not to hurt something.

As for A/fuel. Top teams are spending near the million mark after all is said and done. It can be done for less w/o big team and salaries. Cpl of three and four man teams run strong.Troy Coughlin went 5.0- at 290 last year or year before last(it moves fat now days) at Divisional at VIR.

A/fuel is basically T/F without the blower,huge clutch and explosions. Most fans would not know difference if not for numbers on the board. Hell stand 50 yrds away and listen they sound just like fueler.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What makes it a pos, in your opinion?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
The payout has very little to do with covering anything for bigger teams, Now the little guy,you the ones a lot here call fillers that can hardly run. The one that are struggling to buy the nitro or new part they need. It will ill them. Most show up with plan. Make one or two hits get in w/o killing it and loose 1st rnd and make enough to cover weekends fuel and maybe two meals for everyone on crew. These are the guys that will have to stay home.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's no coincidence NHRA and local bracket racing has fallen as china has risen.

This graph represents our entire society. You can't offshore your production and expect to have an economy.

Common F'n sense! Debt is not wealth / asset!

Thank your communist / globalist elected officials!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,